Software Engineer | Backend
Zitara's software spans cutting edge battery science, high performance data infrastructure, complex modeling and learning systems, and safety critical onboard firmware.
We're looking for a backend generalist software engineer who will develop and support backend for both external and internal products, such as web UI and API. Some specifics are:
- Web backend
- Data Schema and Object-Oriented Programming design
- API design and development
- Physics-based battery algorithms productionisation
In this role, you'll be expected to work across technical areas comfortably and learn quickly from team members. You can expect Zitara to provide you opportunities to grow your technical breadth as well as mentor colleagues across functions.
- Understand complex problems across multiple disciplines and apply software engineering methodology to attack them
- Architect software to robustly manage complex technical product challenges
- Work with project management to scope and schedule work
- Work with product management to ensure features meet customer needs
- Write robust, tested code and deliver software product
- Help develop engineering process
- Contribute to design, code, and customer facing documentation
- Directly participate in Zitara’s product planning and development process.
- Bachelors' in CS or similar field
- 3+ years experience in industry software development, focusing on backend or full stack development
- 1+ year experience with developing API
- Proficiency in Python
- Experience shipping a large software product to customers
- Basic software development workflow processes with git
- Experience with project management and agile development
- Clear and effective written and interpersonal communication skills
- Creative problem solving with limited resources and engineering constraints
Preferred Additional Qualifications, Any of the following
- Frontend React experiences
- Data analysis with Pandas or similar tools
What We Offer
- A full-time position, working three days per week from our office in San Francisco, CA, and up to two days per week remotely (optional).
- Competitive pay
- Health, Dental, and Vision care for you and your family
- A 401K savings plan
- Unlimited vacation policy
Why you should join Zitara Technologies, Inc.
In order to keep climate change to 1.5°C, we’ll need 30% of global GDP (all of energy generation and transportation) to run on batteries by 2035.
Zitara Technologies (YCombinator S20) builds predictive battery management software for transportation and energy customers with large deployments. Their customers operate >$100M deployments of batteries in satellites, EVs, and renewable energy storage installations.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Real-Time Fleet Management Platform Designed to Improve Lithium Battery Safety and Longevity