Model Based Software Engineer
Skyryse wants to empower anyone, to fly anywhere, in any aircraft, safely and as a highly experienced pilot would. Powered by the Skyryse operating system, Flight OS, we automate flight controls and systems management to achieve unmatched safety and eliminate opportunities for human error. We want to make flying as ubiquitous as the road and as safe as the elevator.
SIMULINK SOFTWARE ENGINEER, AVIATION ENGINEERING - LOS ANGELES
To support our Skyryse mission, all systems, components, software and technology must be developed with the most rigorous processes to ensure they are certifiable by regulatory agencies and most importantly they are safe to operate. In this role, you are responsible for creating certifiable DO-178C Level A artifacts, per DO-331, from the MathWorks Simulink models. The MathWorks suite of DO-178C verification tools will be utilized for this effort. The ideal candidate will have a proven track record, be an excellent relationship builder, and be a superb administrative and organizational skills.
- Focus on Simulink Model Development
- Code Generation DO-178C/DO-331
- Verification DO-178/DO-331
- Utilize MathWorks for model and code checks and coverage analysis, requirement tracing, reports generation
- Support software verification and validation process to achieve FAA Certification
- Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Computer Science or Software Engineering
- 3+ years experience in Simulink model development for control systems
- Work experience in Simulink tools such as Report Generator, Check, Requirements
- Experience in Model-Based Development processes for aerospace control systems
- Master of Science degree in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Computer Science or Software Engineering
- Familiar with MathWorks DO Qualification Kit
- Work experience in embedded software development in C language
- Familiar with DO-178C / DO-331 software / model development and verification processes
- Work experience in FAA audit / certification for airborne system software
- Background in GNC systems
- Background in control systems theory
- The opportunity to change the world through improving aviation safety and accessibility
- Competitive salary
- Valuable stock option plan
- Heavily subsidized medical, dental and vision plans
- Flexible vacation
- A company with an ambitious vision, a dynamic work environment, and a team of smart, motivated, and fun to work-with colleagues!
WE WELCOME ALL
Skyryse is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
NO AGENCY CANDIDATES WILL BE CONSIDERED.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Safety Through Simplicity