Systems Safety Engineer
Skyryse wants to empower anyone, to fly anywhere, in any aircraft, safely and as a highly experienced pilot would. Powered by the Skyryse operating system, Flight OS, we automate flight controls and systems management to achieve unmatched safety and eliminate opportunities for human error. We want to make flying as ubiquitous as the road and as safe as the elevator.
SYSTEMS SAFETY ENGINEER - LOS ANGELES, CA
As a Systems Safety Engineer, you will be responsible for developing Skyryse systems from the ground up through validation of verification of complex architectures. You will be responsible for gathering and writing requirements, distilling them into actionable plans, and developing verification strategies. You will work closely with the systems engineering team to drive ARP4754 requirements management approach to the organization. You will support the development of the Fly By Wire, Trajectory Planning, Navigation, and Perception technology that will revolutionize flight automation.
- Develop and review system safety deliverables for aircraft systems and subsystems, including Functional Hazard Assessment, Fault Trees, FMEA, PRA, CMA, ZSA, etc.
- Develop preliminary and final System Safety Assessments (P/SSA)
- Apply knowledge of AC 1309, SAE ARP 4761 and understanding of RTCA/DO178 and DO254
- Support certification and compliance efforts as required
- Be familiar with requirements management tools such as JAMA, Polarion, or DOORS
- Coach and influence organization in best practices for system safety practices
- Develop and maintain a safety database and risk register for Skyryse
- Support Continuing Airworthiness activities
- Strong report writing and communication skills
- Bachelors of Science in any engineering discipline
- 3+ years of experience in aircraft or spacecraft systems development
- Previous experience completing a full commercial aircraft life-cycle development and certification program
- System Safety knowledge of Part 25/27/29 requirements
- Previous, active or application pending FAA System Safety Designated Engineering Representative (DER)
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Understanding of aircraft quality assurance and management principles and processes
- Great attitude to improve processes to serve people
- The opportunity to change the world through improving aviation safety and accessibility
- Competitive salary
- Valuable stock option plan
- Heavily subsidized medical, dental and vision plans
- Flexible PTO plan
- A company with an ambitious vision, a dynamic work environment, and a team of smart, motivated, and fun to work-with colleagues!
WE WELCOME ALL
Skyryse is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
NO AGENCY CANDIDATES WILL BE CONSIDERED.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Safety Through Simplicity