Systems Integration and Design Engineer
Skyryse wants to allow anyone, to fly anywhere, in any aircraft, safely and as a highly experienced pilot would. Powered by the Skyryse operating system, we automate flight controls and management to achieve unmatched safety and eliminate opportunities for human error in all flight stages, and in emergency situations. We want to make flying as ubiquitous as the road and as safe as the elevator.
SYSTEMS ENGINEER, AVIATION ENGINEERING - LOS ANGELES
In this role, you are responsible for the development of the Fly-By-Wire and Display system starting with planning, system requirements specification, system design, verification and validation of the system and software per ARP 4754A, DO 254, DO160G, DO178C, DO 331, DO 330 requirements and facilitate all FAA/DER reviews (SOI-1 to SOI-4) working closely with software group. You will be working with system architects and designers to streamline the existing system design and Simulink models to be certifiable and responsible for all documentations leading to the certification of the system. You will lead the development of certifiable flight automation technologies and cost-efficient processes for the new Urban Commercial Aviation industry.
- Restructure flight automation technology working with system architects leading to certification
- Implement efficient systems engineering processes
- Assist in developing, writing, and reviewing certification documentation such as Certification Plans, Design Compliance Reports, etc.
- Develop, design and restructure Matlab and Simulink models per DO-331 requirements
- Develop and conduct Verification, Validation and integration testing of system per ARP 4754A
- Develop requirements for display system and data set conforming to ARINC 661, DO 200B, DO-276B and DO201 standard.
- Write and review system, electronics and software level requirements
- Participate in multi-disciplinary design reviews including PDR, CDR through different phases of development through to production readiness and certification
- Work with software group to meet all objectives of DO-178C and DO-331 objectives
- Work with software group in successful completion of SOI audits
- Advocate and train the Skyryse teams to follow and contribute to the processes
- Bachelor of Science degree in electrical, computer science, mechanical, or aerospace engineering discipline
- 3+ years of experience in system engineering
- 3+ years of experience with Simulink
- Master’s or PhD degree in electrical, computer science, mechanical or aerospace engineering discipline
- Self starter with ability to work independently with minimal supervision to influence organization
- Working experience in ARP 4754A, DO-178/254/160 and other aerospace regulations/processes/standard
- Experience in working with display subsystems and ARINC 661 standards
- Experience with certification of systems and subsystems working with DER/FAA
- Experience working on certification project or FAA and/or EASA
- Excellent communication/coaching skills
- The opportunity to change the world through improving aviation safety and accessibility
- Competitive salary
- Valuable stock option plan
- Heavily subsidized medical, dental and vision plans
- Flexible vacation
- A company with an ambitious vision, a dynamic work environment, and a team of smart, motivated, and fun to work-with colleagues!
WE WELCOME ALL
Skyryse is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
NO AGENCY CANDIDATES WILL BE CONSIDERED.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Safety Through Simplicity