Integrated Product Lead, Avionics Systems Integration
Skyryse wants to empower anyone, to fly anywhere, in any aircraft, safely and as a highly experienced pilot would. Powered by the Skyryse operating system, Flight OS, we automate flight controls and systems management to achieve unmatched safety and eliminate opportunities for human error. We want to make flying as ubiquitous as the road and as safe as the elevator.
INTEGRATED PRODUCT LEAD, AVIONICS SYSTEMS INTEGRATION - LOS ANGELES, CA
As an Avionics Systems Integration IPT Lead, you will lead a team of engineers as part of an Integrated Project Team to ensure that the avionics architecture design, integration and test phases of the Avionics Systems are executed in alignment with the customer program technical and schedule requirements. You will shape the technical and program level management of Avionics Systems Integration to the air vehicle platforms. You will also participate in hands-on engineering work . This position will report to the Technical Project Manager.
- Perform complex and varied engineering and project coordination of the related IPT for customer programs in Skyryse
- Provide leadership and direction for the engineering staff of the related IPT in a high tempo work environment
- Support the project management with reporting on process improvement, implementation, risks, and opportunities for the related IPT
- Support the generation of subcontractor proposals of the related IPT
- Manage the supplier and/or subcontractor work of the related IPT from technical and program schedule point of view
- Manage the overall Avionics systems and subsystems integration activities to ensure safety, certification & aircraft design requirements and objectives are met
- Hands-on support in flight test sensors and other equipment survey activities
- Hands-on support in equipment calibration, configuration, and Systems Lab tests
- Hands-on support in developing the aircraft Avionics systems architecture and integration by also considering the EMI/EMC, weight and CG effects
- Support HIL/SIL Lab set up and test activities
- Support technical and program management of the supplier regarding the harness design and EWIS integration to the aircraft
- Support air vehicle power requirements management
- Support generation of BOM of the test aircraft and fly-by-wire show-compliance aircraft
- Support technical and program management of the supplier regarding the environmental, EMI/EMC tests
- Support generation of Avionics systems specifications and system description documents
- Work in a collaborative manner with other engineering disciplines such as GNC, Perception, Safety, Certification and Systems, Flight Test, Software and lines of business as appropriate
- Bachelors of Science in an engineering discipline
- 5+ years of technical avionics experience
- 3+ years of experience leading technical Integrated Product Teams (TPTs)
- Broad technical experience with the specification, design, integration, test, data analysis and certification of Avionics/Electromechanical systems on aircraft
- Experience in leading technical IPTs
- Understanding of how Avionics/Electromechanical systems integrate and interact to the overall aircraft
- Experience in working as part of a team that has transitioned to production automation solutions for complex dynamic systems
- Experience in working as part of a team that has certified a regulated safety critical automation solution in Aerospace industry
- The opportunity to change the world through improving aviation safety and accessibility
- Competitive salary
- Valuable stock option plan
- Heavily subsidized medical, dental and vision plans
- Flexible vacation
- A company with an ambitious vision, a dynamic work environment, and a team of smart, motivated, and fun to work-with colleagues!
WE WELCOME ALL
Skyryse is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
NO AGENCY CANDIDATES WILL BE CONSIDERED.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Safety Through Simplicity