Human-Machine Interface Software Developer
Skyryse wants to empower anyone, to fly anywhere, in any aircraft, safely and as a highly experienced pilot would. Powered by the Skyryse operating system, Flight OS, we automate flight controls and systems management to achieve unmatched safety and eliminate opportunities for human error. We want to make flying as ubiquitous as the road and as safe as the elevator.
HUMAN-MACHINE INTERFACE SOFTWARE DEVELOPER, PRODUCT - LOS ANGELES
As a Human-Machine Interface Software Developer, you will be part of a fast-paced interdisciplinary team that is responsible for prototyping the next generation of human machine interfaces that Skyryse will offer as part of its FlightOS system. You will work alongside a team of designers, engineers, and fabricators to create a complete HMI system that makes the task of piloting an aircraft infinitely simpler, and furthers Skyryse's goal of democratizing the skies.
You are a Unity/C# developer who will initially concentrate on display software running in the cockpit of our aircraft. Your responsibilities will range from prototyping interaction designs leveraging Unity UI system, creating procedural terrain systems, visualizing sensor data and developing AR/VR simulations to test cockpit ergonomics. The code you help create will be tested in both simulation environments and in real flight tests via experimental aircraft. You will be at the forefront of the aviation industry’s effort to simplify vehicle operations and make the future of aviation safer and more accessible.
- Push the limits of avionics by creating and rapid prototyping innovative user experiences & interactions
- Develop and maintain human-machine interface applications supporting flight tests and pilots
- Develop and iterate rapid models of proposed design solutions for the purposes of communication and evaluation
- Develop a novel virtual environment that offers pilots a clear and intuitive means of understanding their flying environment (Map-system, CAD assets, instrument clusters, procedural terrain generation, and advanced trajectory calculations)
- Ship prototype code regularly while balancing quality and complexity
- Create compelling visualizations of the sensor data and telemetry for the purpose of situational awareness
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science or other engineering discipline
- Experience with Unity/C#
- 1+ years of industry experience building data-driven applications
- Experience in Aviation, Automotive, Aerospace, or with embedded systems
- Experience in C++ and OpenGL/Vulkan
- Willingness & curiosity to learn new technologies in any area of the stack: UI, Rendering, Core, Protocol, Server
- Ability to take a project from creation to delivery, with team and management guidance
- Understanding of UX design principles
- Excellent understanding of 3D math, linear algebra, geometry, graphics, and rendering pipeline.
- Excellent grasp of fundamental computer science concepts
- Good Understanding of Unity’s UI system
- Understanding of GIS mapping software and relevant SDKs (Mapbox, ArcGIS)
- A private pilot’s license, or an interest in learning to fly
- The opportunity to change the world through improving aviation safety and accessibility
- Competitive salary
- Valuable stock option plan
- Heavily subsidized medical, dental and vision plans
- Flexible vacation
- A company with an ambitious vision, a dynamic work environment, and a team of smart, motivated, and fun to work-with colleagues!
WE WELCOME ALL
Skyryse is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
NO AGENCY CANDIDATES WILL BE CONSIDERED.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Safety Through Simplicity