Flight Controls Lead, Integrated Product Team
Skyryse wants to empower anyone, to fly anywhere, in any aircraft, safely and as a highly experienced pilot would. Powered by the Skyryse operating system, Flight OS, we automate flight controls and systems management to achieve unmatched safety and eliminate opportunities for human error. We want to make flying as ubiquitous as the road and as safe as the elevator.
FLIGHT CONTROLS LEAD, INTEGRATED PRODUCT TEAM - LOS ANGELES, CA
As a Flight Controls IPT Lead, you will lead a team of engineers as part of an Integrated Project Team to ensure that the design, development, test and integration phases of Flight Control System Algorithms, analysis and simulation models are executed in alignment with the customer program needs. You will support technical and programmatic level management of building and implementing control law, guidance algorithms, and simulation models of our air vehicle platforms. You will also participate in hands-on engineering work as needed.
- Perform complex and varied engineering and project coordination of the related IPT for customer programs in Skyryse
- Provide leadership and direction for the engineering staff of the related IPT in a high tempo work environment
- Support the project management with reporting on process improvement, implementation, risks, and opportunities for the related IPT
- Support the generation of subcontractor proposals of the related IPT
- Manage the supplier and/or subcontractor work of the related IPT from technical and program schedule point of view
- Hands-on support in Flight Control System functional algorithms development, design, test and integration phases
- Hands-on support in air vehicle Plant model development including air vehicle specific flight dynamics and systems model developments such as powerplant, landing gear and ground reaction, actuators, etc.
- Support system identification work
- Support simulation model development, HIL/SIL Lab set up and test activities
- Support real-time code generation work
- Support generation of air vehicle CONOPS and system description documents
- Support generation of handling qualities requirements, functional requirements specifications
- Work in a collaborative manner with other engineering disciplines such as GNC, Perception, Safety, Certification and Systems, Flight Test, Software and lines of business as appropriate
- Bachelor’s of Science degree in an engineering, mathematic, computer science, or physics discipline
- 3+ years of technical project management experience
- Experience in leading technical IPTs
- Experience with Aircraft Control Law specifications, LQR control laws development, analysis, integration, HIL simulation, flight test, and data analysis
- Experience in developing dynamic models of the air vehicle systems, such as actuators, sensors, propulsion, etc in order to provide a fully representative model of the system
- Familiarity with the system identification methods and CIFER tool
- Understanding of the functionality of major aircraft subsystems and avionics
- Experience in working as part of a team that has transitioned to production automation solutions for complex dynamic systems
- Experience in working as part of a team that has certified a regulated safety critical automation solution in Aerospace industry
- Familiarity with FAR Part 23/25/27/29, ARP 4761/4754A, DO-178 and other aerospace regulations/processes/standards
- Proficiency in Matlab/Simulink
- Familiarity with Git and JIRA
- The opportunity to change the world through improving aviation safety and accessibility
- Competitive salary
- Valuable stock option plan
- Heavily subsidized medical, dental and vision plans
- Flexible vacation
- A company with an ambitious vision, a dynamic work environment, and a team of smart, motivated, and fun to work-with colleagues!
WE WELCOME ALL
Skyryse is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
NO AGENCY CANDIDATES WILL BE CONSIDERED.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Safety Through Simplicity