Senior Mechanical Design Engineer
Skyryse wants to empower anyone, to fly anywhere, in any aircraft, safely and as a highly experienced pilot would. Powered by the Skyryse operating system, Flight OS, we automate flight controls and systems management to achieve unmatched safety and eliminate opportunities for human error. We want to make flying as ubiquitous as the road and as safe as the elevator.
SENIOR MECHANICAL DESIGN ENGINEER - CAMARILLO, CA
As a Senior Mechanical Design Engineer on the Product & Design Team at Skyryse, you will design and produce hardware solutions for our rapidly expanding portfolio of fixed wing and rotorcraft platforms. This includes designing, prototyping, testing and engineering manufacture ready instances of cockpit flight controls, instrument fixtures, cockpit interiors, and more. The role involves collaboration with test pilots, flight control engineers, software engineers and airframe specific experts to determine design criteria and build solutions quickly and effectively. You will be hands-on with each fixed wing and/or rotorcraft model you design, working to bring our vision to life.
- Design, prototype and test new interior cockpit configurations rapidly and efficiently
- Build and test cockpit ergonomics, cockpit flight control locations and instrument layouts for an expanding array of fixed wing and rotorcraft
- Engineer cockpit structures and fixtures that comply with FAA certification standards
- Serve as a technical interface between engineering requirements and pilot needs
- Quickly go from sketch, to foam core mockup, to CAD model when exploring new designs
- Use hand calculations, FEA, and CAD to ensure all hardware meets or exceeds external and customer needs
- Perform DFM (design for manufacturability) on your designs and work with manufacturing partners to ensure manufacturing QC
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering
- 5+ years of mechanical engineering industry experience
- Experience in human centered design principles or human factors
- Experience with conventional machining
- Experience with HMI related projects - automotive and/or aerospace a plus.
- Experience with CAD and FEA software packages (can be in a professional, academic, entrepreneurial, or hobby setting).
- Hands-on hardware experience performing fabrication, assembly and/or testing (can be in a professional, academic, entrepreneurial, or hobby setting).
- Strong understanding of engineering first principles
- You will have the opportunity to change the world through improving aviation safety and accessibility
- Competitive salary
- Valuable stock option plan
- Heavily subsidized medical, dental and vision plans
- Flexible PTO plan
- A company with an ambitious vision, a dynamic work environment, and a team of smart, motivated, and fun to work-with colleagues!
WE WELCOME ALL
Skyryse is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
NO AGENCY CANDIDATES WILL BE CONSIDERED
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Safety Through Simplicity