Senior Human Factors Design Engineer
Skyryse wants to empower anyone, to fly anywhere, in any aircraft, safely and as a highly experienced pilot would. Powered by the Skyryse operating system, Flight OS, we automate flight controls and systems management to achieve unmatched safety and eliminate opportunities for human error. We want to make flying as ubiquitous as the road and as safe as the elevator.
SENIOR HUMAN FACTORS DESIGN ENGINEER - PRODUCT, LOS ANGELES
Skyryse is in search of a Senior Design Researcher experienced in applying design thinking to shape our Flight OS user experience and cockpit layouts across multiple aviation platforms. As a Senior Design Researcher, you will be responsible for setting up field research plans, gaining human-centered insights, planning user sessions and synthesizing user observations into actionable design guidelines to ground Product and Design and Engineering group efforts. Familiarity with aviation or automotive certification requirements is a plus.
You are someone who can deeply empathize with users and work collaboratively with fellow designers and engineers on various aspects of programs simultaneously. Balancing a deep research rigor and understanding of human factors and certification requirements, you will play a key role in providing new user insights for the design and engineering teams to innovate towards defining and differentiating the Flight OS user experience.
- Lead design research efforts across cross-functional teams including the Product and Design team and Engineering groups.
- Design, scope, and run primary user research studies with test pilots and other target users in the context of general aviation including vehicles and the overall related aviation ecosystem.
- Develop user personas to inform design across a variety of platforms and projects
- Facilitate design research synthesis and collaboratively generate insights and opportunities for product development.
- Effectively communicate insights and how they specifically support aspects of the overall user interface and cockpit design to aid in the certification process.
- Keep teams informed of aspects of user interface design and ergonomics required for flight certification of the Skyryse Flight OS and various cockpit interior designs.
- Create high level requirements for the human-machine interface across multiple platforms, informed by certification guidelines and user insights.
- 4+ years of experience with qualitative design research
- Demonstrated mastery of applying design thinking and human-centered design research to balance user needs (desirability) , technical features (feasibility) and business requirements (viability).
- Experience working at a fast paced startup is desired.
- Experience working with teams to understand certification requirements for digital user interfaces and cockpit physical interfaces and ergonomics is a plus.
- Design for aerial mobility is desired due to the need to balance design and innovation efforts with underlying safety and certification requirements.
- Experience as a pilot is preferred for this role.
- The opportunity to change the world through improving aviation safety and accessibility
- Competitive salary
- Valuable stock option plan
- Heavily subsidized medical, dental and vision plans
- Unlimited PTO plan
- A company with an ambitious vision, a dynamic work environment, and a team of smart, motivated, and fun to work-with colleagues!
WE WELCOME ALL
Skyryse is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
NO AGENCY CANDIDATES WILL BE CONSIDERED.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Safety Through Simplicity