Senior Electrical Engineer
Skyryse wants to empower anyone, to fly anywhere, in any aircraft, safely and as a highly experienced pilot would. Powered by the Skyryse operating system, Flight OS, we automate flight controls and systems management to achieve unmatched safety and eliminate opportunities for human error. We want to make flying as ubiquitous as the road and as safe as the elevator.
SENIOR ELECTRICAL ENGINEER - CAMARILLO, CA
As an Electrical Engineer, you will provide critical design requirements, drawings and analysis for one of the most advanced flight control systems in the world. Working alongside some of the industries most talented professionals you will contribute to changing the way the world moves.
- Develop, test, and implement electrical systems for FlightOs
- Provide critical design requirements
- Draft drawings and complete analysis to meet requirements
- Work cross functionally with other technical teams and systems engineers to ensure our system meets and exceeds customer requirements
- Provide hands on support during testing
- Bachelor's Degree in Aerospace, Aeronautical, Electrical or equivalent training and experience
- Minimum 5 years aerospace-related engineering experience
- Experience with electronic product design: from concept to manufacturing
- Experience with Digital, Analog and power electronics product design with focus on Digital electronics.
- Ability to create schematics and prepare packages for PCB layout and fabrication.
- Experience with documentation control systems, either manual (excel) or PLM, ERP, etc.
- Knowledge of product design lifecycle, including dealing with component obsolescence.
- Experience with multi-bus connectivity and interfacing including backplanes, RS422, CAN, I2C, etc.
- Experience designing Avionics type hardware following Mil standards, DO-160, DO-254, etc.
- Experience with rugged designs from a mechanical, electrical, and manufacturability perspective
- Experience with motor control systems, including steppers, brushless and their control peripherals
- Experience with power supplies, definition and design, with a focus on reliability and ruggedness
- Ability to take jobs outside of comfort zone
- Ability to multitask and prioritize in a fast paced environment
- Ability to think outside the box
- Ability to design new electromechanical hardware where no reference design exists - be creative
- Great communication skills
- The opportunity to change the world through improving aviation safety and accessibility
- Competitive salary
- Valuable stock option plan
- Heavily subsidized medical, dental and vision plans
- Flexible PTO plan
- A company with an ambitious vision, a dynamic work environment, and a team of smart, motivated, and fun to work-with colleagues!
WE WELCOME ALL
Skyryse is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
NO AGENCY CANDIDATES WILL BE CONSIDERED.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Safety Through Simplicity