Certification Test Engineer
Skyryse wants to empower anyone, to fly anywhere, in any aircraft, safely and as a highly experienced pilot would. Powered by the Skyryse operating system, Flight OS, we automate flight controls and systems management to achieve unmatched safety and eliminate opportunities for human error. We want to make flying as ubiquitous as the road and as safe as the elevator.
CERTIFICATION TEST ENGINEER - CAMARILLO, CA
As a Certification Test Engineer, you will be part of the team who will design and execute tests leading to certification of the Flight OS system. You will develop, set up and perform flight control system tests, and support result review and analysis. You will help drive our system certification process by innovating our testing procedures and helping us distill and navigate FAA requirements.
- Develop, set up and perform flight control system test set ups on Integration Test Rigs. Support test result review and analysis.
- Support issue investigations and corrective actions.
- Set up and perform certification tests in-house and at local qualification test labs by supporting test result review and analysis.
- Innovate test report generation and approval.
- Develop test scenarios through automated scripts and hardware test set-ups, then manage the test lifecycle from execution through analysis and delivery
- Work cross-functionally with broader engineering teams to create recommendations for critical design elements
- Generate and release documentation in support of test configurations
- Bachelors of Science in Aerospace, Mechatronics, Electrical Engineering or other Engineering discipline
- 3+ years of experience working with FAA flight certification
- Experience with engineering lab test setups and testing. Experience with qualification test labs preferred
- Preference toward hands-on engineering in a laboratory environment as opposed to office desk type work
- Experience with DO-160 testing (plans, procedures, testing and report generation / approval)
- Proficiency with hands-on testing and troubleshooting
- Knowledge in programming with Python and LabVIEW
- Familiarity with JIRA
- You will have the opportunity to change the world through improving aviation safety and accessibility
- Competitive salary
- Valuable stock option plan
- Heavily subsidized medical, dental and vision plans
- Flexible vacation
- A company with an ambitious vision, a dynamic work environment, and a team of smart, motivated, and fun to work-with colleagues
WE WELCOME ALL
Skyryse is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
NO AGENCY CANDIDATES WILL BE CONSIDERED.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Safety Through Simplicity