Account Sales Executive
As the liaison between the client and CDK Global, the Account Sales Executive for Roadster; our digital buying platform for automotive dealerships. Creating business relationships, increasing incremental revenue, and retaining business with CDK clients through face-to-face sales activities. Working in conjunction with channel partners to increase sales opportunities in CDK Strategic Products to grow CDK’s share of wallet in existing client base. Achieving annual assigned sales plan, working under guidance of the Director of Sales.
Position Responsibilities & Essential functions
- Set clear, measurable performance goals to consistently achieve a sales quota:
- Identify new opportunities with existing customers
- Grow and maintain existing accounts
- Generate significant revenue and profit growth utilizing a disciplined and process-oriented approach.
- Develop an overall sales plan and forecast short and long-term sales results.
- Demonstrate comprehensive understanding of specific CDK products and their functionality.
- Interface and work with internal teams through the sales and implementation process.
- Understand industry segment and keep abreast of competitor developments in the market and/or territory.
- Focus on consultative relationship with the client by developing an understanding of their unique business needs and bringing forth integrated solutions.
- Diagnose and resolve customer concerns in a timely manner with appropriate resolution for the customer and company.
- Utilize Salesforce.com for maintaining client information and forecasting, leveraging the 9 steps of the “Triangle”.
Qualifications & Job Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 3 years of B2B selling, preferably with experience driving new business in existing accounts
- Experience selling digital solutions
- Experience targeting and penetrating key prospects and influencing decision makers
- Demonstrated ability in building and maintaining client relationships
- Experience using consultative solution selling to align client’s business needs with a solution
- Must be able to negotiate and close opportunities
- Ability to manage a complex sales process and provide customer support based on the needs of the client
- Know how to develop and manage a sales territory
- Persuasive written and verbal communication skills
- Strong presentation skills
- Experience using a CRM system
- Ability to travel 75% or more, including overnight travel
PREFERRED ATTRIBUTES & Qualifications
- Experience in Automotive retail or selling into the automotive vertical or knowledge of automotive, finance/insurance, and technology industries
- Influential, relationship builder
- Good time management skills
- Initiative and self-starter
We seek individuals with the ability to demonstrate time management, telephone sales skills and knowledge of CDK products and services (training provided). A goal-oriented individual with superior communication skills and the ability to complete individual goals as well as work in a team environment is ideal. The demonstrated ability to communicate using technical concepts is required. Successful candidates will have the ability to use innovative sales approaches to challenge and influence the prospect to consider CDK Solutions. The desire for a long-term career in sales preferred, as many opportunities await you with success in this role.
We back our Sales force with the strongest infrastructure in the business. CDK provides a top-notch supporting cast which gives the Sales employees the back-end support needed to get business done. We will support your career growth with initial and on-going sales training, advanced sales tools and an attractive compensation package designed to reward you for your initiative. We cannot succeed as a world class service company unless we globally attract, motivate, empower and retain exceptionally knowledgeable, talented, and committed employees.
Our employees have a strong work ethic and results-orientation, believe in and support our core values, and reflect the diverse business environments in which we operate. We will offer our employees challenges, opportunities, advancement, competitive compensation and benefits, and personal training and development in an informal, fast-paced, non-bureaucratic environment that is sensitive to work-family and flexible-schedule issues. We will provide technologies that enable our employees to meet our clients' ever-changing product needs and preferences. We want each employee to feel like an integral part of a team that is making a discernible positive contribution to CDK's success. Our goal is to be the clear employer of choice for our current and future employees.
CDK Global knows you have passions outside of work. You have family, friends, sporting events, and lots of things going on. That’s why we offer a comprehensive benefits package to not only take care of you but your family as well. All of our benefits are effective the first day of employment including 401K matching, paid time off to re-energize, donate your time to volunteer in your community, and tuition reimbursement to name a few.
CDK Global is an Equal Opportunity Employer; Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled.
We believe that diversity in all aspects of business leads to strength.
At CDK, we believe inclusion and diversity are essential in inspiring meaningful connections to our people, customers and communities. We are open, curious and encourage different views, so that everyone can be their best selves and make an impact.
CDK is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating an inclusive workforce where everyone is valued. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, ancestry, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, creed or religion, age, disability (including pregnancy), results of genetic testing, service in the military, veteran status or any other category protected by law.
Applicants for employment in the US must be authorized to work in the US. CDK may offer employer visa sponsorship to applicants.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
The #1 Commerce Platform for Car Buying