Quality Manager, Vehicle Operations
May Mobility is transforming cities through autonomous technology to create a safer, greener, more accessible world. Based in Ann Arbor, Michigan, May develops and deploys autonomous vehicles (AVs) powered by our innovative Multi-Policy Decision Making (MPDM) technology that literally reimagines the way AVs think.
Our vehicles do more than just drive themselves - they provide value to communities, bridge public transit gaps and move people where they need to go safely, easily and with a lot more fun. We’re building the world’s best autonomy system to reimagine transit by minimizing congestion, expanding access and encouraging better land use in order to foster more green, vibrant and livable spaces. Since our founding in 2017, we’ve given more than 300,000 autonomy-enabled rides to real people around the globe. And we’re just getting started. We’re hiring people who share our passion for building the future, today, solving real-world problems and seeing the impact of their work. Join us.
May Mobility is entering an exciting phase of growth and our team is expanding quickly. We are looking for a Quality Manager to establish and maintain quality systems and best practices to mitigate risk to the fleet vehicles and improve build quality; as well as manage our Technical Support team that keeps our fleet operational and autonomy capable. This is a unique opportunity to play a prominent role in the development of a quality presence for a fast growing company in an emerging industry.
The ideal candidate will have broad experience in developing quality processes in both hardware and software; understand and be able to implement quality system elements that encompass the entire product lifecycle from design requirements through field issues. In addition, this person will have the people management experience, budgetary responsibilities, and vision to build out the Quality department to keep pace with May’s strategy to scale. This role will report to the Director of Vehicle Operations.
- Establish a quality system, and support system improvements for traceability of all issues throughout the entire product life cycle - from requirements to field service
- Build a quality team and lead quality engineers to track and trend quality issues, analyze scope of risk and provide actionable recommendations to leadership
- Implement and improve processes such as 8D, deviation, change management, APQP, Non-Conformance management as it relates to autonomous vehicle integration and operation
- Engage with suppliers on quality issues and corrective actions when required
- Engage with field operations and technical support to understand field issues and resolutions, and drive improvements back through the organization
- Develop and maintain departmental KPIs and objectives/key results
- Resolve problems by negotiating with internal and external stakeholders with conflicting requirements
- Execution of in-company-trainings and workshops with regard to quality-related subjects and mind-set.
- Support engineering and production teams to achieve targets and ensure Lessons Learned / Best Practice in respect of Quality.
- Support different teams in cases of customer and partner issues, executing documentation, root cause analysis and corrective actions and verification of effectiveness.
- 5+ years of management experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in engineering, operations, business, or similar
- Familiarity with Jira
- Familiarity with ISO/IATF standards
- Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills
- Experience interfacing with employees at multiple levels throughout the organization
- Experience with continuous improvement methods such as 8D, CAPA, Six SIgma
- Knowledge of FMEA, Configuration Management, System and Document Management Systems
- Valid U.S. Driver’s License
- Ability to undergo driving record check
- Ability to travel up to 10%
- Masters degree in Engineering, Operations, Business, or Quality
- Startup experience
- Experience leading an organization through quality certifications such as ISO/IATF
- Experience with PPAP, APQP activities
- ASQ certifications
- Lean Six Sigma certification
- Experience with autonomous vehicle systems
Want to learn more about our culture & benefits? Check out our website!
May Mobility is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, genetics or any other legally protected basis. Below, you have the opportunity to share your preferred gender pronouns, gender, ethnicity, and veteran status with May Mobility to help us identify areas of improvement in our hiring and recruitment processes. Completion of these questions is entirely voluntary. Any information you choose to provide will be kept confidential, and will not impact the hiring decision in any way. If you believe that you will need any type of accommodation, please let us know.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: May Mobility does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Furthermore, May Mobility does not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved partners.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Nice to move you