Lead Electrical Engineer
May Mobility is transforming cities through autonomous technology to create a safer, greener, more accessible world. Based in Ann Arbor, Michigan, May develops and deploys autonomous vehicles (AVs) powered by our innovative Multi-Policy Decision Making (MPDM) technology that literally reimagines the way AVs think.
Our vehicles do more than just drive themselves - they provide value to communities, bridge public transit gaps and move people where they need to go safely, easily and with a lot more fun. We’re building the world’s best autonomy system to reimagine transit by minimizing congestion, expanding access and encouraging better land use in order to foster more green, vibrant and livable spaces. Since our founding in 2017, we’ve given more than 300,000 autonomy-enabled rides to real people around the globe. And we’re just getting started. We’re hiring people who share our passion for building the future, today, solving real-world problems and seeing the impact of their work. Join us.
Your Opportunity for Success
May Mobility is entering an exciting phase of growth and our team is expanding quickly. We are looking for a Lead Electrical Engineer to serve as the technical leader for May’s Autonomous Driving Kit (ADK) by interfacing with key suppliers and fulfilling the product roadmap. In this role, you will also support key stakeholders including: leadership team,engineering, product management, purchasing, and manufacturing to deliver best-in- class products for the best price. You will be an expert in the many facets of the electrical engineering development and steering the technical decisions at May Mobility. The candidate needs to have a passion for AV technology and a compelling focus on safety.
In this role you will be:
- Responsible for the electrical architectures and designs of the advanced Autonomous Driving Kit (ADK) consisting of all sensors, compute, power modules and ECUs. for different electric and hybrid vehicle platforms
- Providing differentiating technical vision, designs, and strategy for cutting-edge autonomous vehicle solutions
- Ensuring appropriate technical supplier relationships for all key suppliers. Ensuring early engagement with component supplier development and /selection process.
- Benchmarking different solutions and ability to define business cases to meet the product roadmap.
- Assisting in resolution of complex/difficult product issues as necessary
- Identifying strategic changes required to improve overall tools, processes, efficiency and quality.
- Ensuring all targets (quality, delivery timing, performance, engineering budget, modularity, reusability, etc.) for engineering deliverables are met.
- Peer design reviews are completed and productive
- Quality of all team deliverables meet standards and timing
- Any required cross-functional design reviews or data sharing is completed
- Collaborating with other teams such as: supply chain, Functional Safety, Cyber Security, Software, Autonomy, Production, Quality, Test and Validation,… to ensure product safety.
- Ensuring proper engineering response is provided for new projects and engineering changes.
- Leading the continuous improvement efforts, research, recommendations and implementation of enhancements to products, processes and programs.
- Ensuring all necessary engineering documentation and data is generated and maintained to ensure traceability and compliance to applicable company procedures and industry standards and regulations
- Responsible for electrical requirements and their verification at the component and bench level testing.
- Supporting the rest of the functional disciplines with all aspects related to electrical hardware.
- Performing complex work assignments requiring independent problem solving and decision making, requiring strong electrical technical competency
- Performing necessary analysis and simulations such as DFMEA, power analysis, signal integrity,...
- Ensuring engineering timing plans, defect / issues lists, risk assessments, lessons learned are created and maintained and providing engineering status for project reviews (e.g. gate, design, milestones, etc.) according to program timing for all projects.
- Supporting all Program Management driven reviews (e.g. Gate reviews)
- Defining and tracking the Key Performance Indicators.
- Participating in customer and internal technical reviews and in industry associations or regulatory forums as appropriate, to determine the influence of feature road maps and Inform the rest of the organization of any regulatory and standard updates, evaluate the impact on the current business, and provide solutions to meet these standards
- Leveraging excellent communication and leadership skills to advocate for your solutions, working seamlessly across teams, functions and with customers
- Mentoring and guiding other engineers in the team
At a minimum we’d like you to have:
- Deep and comprehensive knowledge of electrical design, simulation and testing techniques.
- Deep and comprehensive knowledge in the electrical development and execution of automotive electronics products. Areas of expertise may include:
- Analog, digital, Power and Integrated Circuit design and implementation techniques for optimal electrical performance.
- Electrical circuit test and troubleshooting methods
- Electrical product development process
- Minimum 7 years of relevant product development experience in automotive electronics
- Good aptitude for communication, collaboration, negotiation and solution finding
- A Master's degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent experience
It is preferred if you have:
- Experience in Autonomous Vehicles, ADAS, semiconductor technology, Robotics, electric vehicles, Internet of Things (IoT) or Mobile Applications
- Ph.D. in Electrical Engineering or equivalent experience
- More than 10 years of experience in automotive electronics
Want to learn more about our culture & benefits? Check out our website!
May Mobility is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, genetics or any other legally protected basis. Below, you have the opportunity to share your preferred gender pronouns, gender, ethnicity, and veteran status with May Mobility to help us identify areas of improvement in our hiring and recruitment processes. Completion of these questions is entirely voluntary. Any information you choose to provide will be kept confidential, and will not impact the hiring decision in any way. If you believe that you will need any type of accommodation, please let us know.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: May Mobility does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Furthermore, May Mobility does not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved partners.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Nice to move you