Senior Financial Analyst (Hybrid)
May Mobility is transforming cities through autonomous technology to create a safer, greener, more accessible world. Based in Ann Arbor, Michigan, May develops and deploys autonomous vehicles (AVs) powered by our innovative Multi-Policy Decision Making (MPDM) technology that literally reimagines the way AVs think.
Our vehicles do more than just drive themselves - they provide value to communities, bridge public transit gaps and move people where they need to go safely, easily and with a lot more fun. We’re building the world’s best autonomy system to reimagine transit by minimizing congestion, expanding access and encouraging better land use in order to foster more green, vibrant and livable spaces. Since our founding in 2017, we’ve given more than 300,000 autonomy-enabled rides to real people around the globe. And we’re just getting started. We’re hiring people who share our passion for building the future, today, solving real-world problems and seeing the impact of their work. Join us.
Hybrid employees come into HQ or one of our sites on an agreed upon cadence set by their leader and based on the nature of the role. This role is a hybrid role, based out of Ann Arbor, Michigan.
May Mobility is entering an exciting phase of growth and our team is expanding quickly. We are looking for a Sr. Financial Analyst to add to our Finance team. This role will be crucial in helping to tackle the company’s most important strategic questions including business planning, go-to-market strategy, and key investment decisions. The Sr. Financial Analyst will support leaders across multiple business units (Product, Technology, Operations, Sales & Marketing) as well as company C-suite. We are looking for a candidate that will bring a fresh perspective and provide thought partnership to the leadership team and cross functional business partners. This role will report to the Director of FP&A and CFO.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Assist business leaders with development of the short term operating budget and long range plan, including capital budget and financial forecasts
- Collaborate with business leaders to develop, update, and continuously improve robust budgets and forecasts
- Analyze financial and operational results to understand and report on KPIs, variance to forecast, variance to budget, and underlying causes for business performance.
- Develop financial projections, pro forma financial statements, and other analyses (e.g. NPV, breakeven, make vs. buy, payback, etc.) for new business cases
- Explain accounting logic, calculation methodology, and benchmarking used in financial models to internal and external audiences
- Understand and monitor market trends to inform strategic direction and identify future growth opportunities for the organization
- Formulate data-driven insights from a variety of sources into professional content for internal / external stakeholders.
- Assist with development of pricing models for new revenue streams as our business evolves and matures
- Provide creative alternatives and recommendations to reduce costs and improve financial performance
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics, or related field. MBA is a plus.
- Minimum 3 years of relevant work experience in a role requiring application of finance and analytical skills at a tech company, investment banking, venture capital, management consulting, or similar
- Exceptional analytical skills
- Strong understanding of financial models, valuation methodology and business models
- Creative ability to use charts, tables, and graphics to concisely visualize data for all levels, including executives
- Expert PowerPoint and Microsoft Excel skills, including use of advanced financial formulas
- Experience using databases, familiarity with ERP systems
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- Display sound professional judgement in handling confidential/sensitive information
- Experience with Netsuite ERP
- Experience with Autotech and Mobility
- Relevant certification (e.g. CFA/CPA)
Want to learn more about our culture & benefits? Check out our website!
May Mobility is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, genetics or any other legally protected basis. Below, you have the opportunity to share your preferred gender pronouns, gender, ethnicity, and veteran status with May Mobility to help us identify areas of improvement in our hiring and recruitment processes. Completion of these questions is entirely voluntary. Any information you choose to provide will be kept confidential, and will not impact the hiring decision in any way. If you believe that you will need any type of accommodation, please let us know.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: May Mobility does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Furthermore, May Mobility does not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved partners.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Nice to move you