Senior Analyst, Sales and Operations Planning (Hybrid)
May Mobility is transforming cities through autonomous technology to create a safer, greener, more accessible world. Based in Ann Arbor, Michigan, May develops and deploys autonomous vehicles (AVs) powered by our innovative Multi-Policy Decision Making (MPDM) technology that literally reimagines the way AVs think.
Our vehicles do more than just drive themselves - they provide value to communities, bridge public transit gaps and move people where they need to go safely, easily and with a lot more fun. We’re building the world’s best autonomy system to reimagine transit by minimizing congestion, expanding access and encouraging better land use in order to foster more green, vibrant and livable spaces. Since our founding in 2017, we’ve given more than 300,000 autonomy-enabled rides to real people around the globe. And we’re just getting started. We’re hiring people who share our passion for building the future, today, solving real-world problems and seeing the impact of their work. Join us.
Hybrid employees come into HQ or one of our sites on an agreed upon cadence set by their leader and based on the nature of the role. This role is a hybrid role, based out of Ann Arbor, Michigan.
May Mobility is entering an exciting phase of growth and our team is expanding quickly. We are looking for an operations focused Sr. Financial Analyst to add to our Finance team. Key responsibilities for this role include coordinating sales and operations planning across business functions, developing and tracking KPIs, and financial analysis for key investment decisions. The Sr. Financial Analyst, Operations will support leaders across multiple business units (Operations, Product, Technology, Sales & Marketing) as well as company C-suite. We are looking for a candidate that will bring a fresh perspective and provide thought partnership to the leadership team and cross functional business partners. This role will report to the Director of Financial Planning & Analysis.
- Implement and lead a world class Sales and Operations Planning (S&OP) process that aligns demand, supply, and financial planning.
- Responsible for the Company’s overall Master Planning Timeline which includes ordering vehicles and components all the way to delivering autonomous mobility as a service to our riders
- Manage S&OP calendar, multi-functional meeting preparations, cycle content and stakeholder participation reporting
- Gather accurate and recurring reporting on key demand and supply inputs to support the decision-making process & prepare pre-work analysis which recognizes changes in demand or supply which will require management consideration prior to plan approval
- Work with stakeholders to Identify opportunities to reduce lead times and improve time to market
- Model and present different risk and opportunity scenarios to identify trade-offs and assess the business impact of prioritization decisions
- Summarize risks and opportunities in a professional manner for regular reporting to the senior leadership team
- Develop a clear presentation of the decision criteria in terms of decision impact on key performance indicators, such as customer service, supply chain costs, and revenue
- Work closely with our Autonomy and Engineering teams to forecast the Bill of Material cost of our world class Autonomous Vehicles in both short term and long term time horizons
- Analyze the financial impact of engineering design changes and product development decisions with both short term and long term considerations
- Analyze financial and operational results to understand and report on KPIs, variance to forecast, variance to budget, and underlying causes for business performance.
- Provide creative alternatives and recommendations to reduce costs and improve financial performance
- 4+ years working in corporate finance or operations management
- Bachelor’s degree in Operations, Finance, or related field
- Ability to present financial information to a non-financial audience.
- Strong quantitative, analytical, and problem-solving skills are essential
- Strong Excel skills and ability to create functional and scalable models
- Superior communication skills and ability to foster communication/collaboration amongst departments
- Ability to manage tight deadlines, prioritize workloads and achieve effective results in a fast-paced, dynamic, ever-growing and often ambiguous environment
- Proven desire to learn and go above and beyond to continuously improve processes and deliverables
- Previous experience working in an S&OP process
- Previous experience with product development finance and/or operations finance
- Experience with Supply and Demand Forecasting and understands the inputs required
- Experience with Lean Practices
- Experience working in ERP systems
Want to learn more about our culture & benefits? Check out our website!
May Mobility is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, genetics or any other legally protected basis. Below, you have the opportunity to share your preferred gender pronouns, gender, ethnicity, and veteran status with May Mobility to help us identify areas of improvement in our hiring and recruitment processes. Completion of these questions is entirely voluntary. Any information you choose to provide will be kept confidential, and will not impact the hiring decision in any way. If you believe that you will need any type of accommodation, please let us know.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: May Mobility does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Furthermore, May Mobility does not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved partners.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Nice to move you