Senior CNC Programmer
Joby Aviation is seeking a highly experienced and talented individual to improve and optimize our CNC programming activities. Joby is working towards the goal of development, certification and production of a world changing eVTOL aircraft. As the senior CNC programmer, this individual will have overall responsibility for development, implementation, and training of Joby Aviation’s 3 and 5-axis CNC programming processes and team.
- Prototype machining via creating and editing CNC programs that support the machining of large-scale, complex, precision metal aircraft components and manufacturing tooling
- Perform machining process development & optimization (part setup/fixturing, machining strategy/order of operations, tool selection, speed/feed process parameter selection)
- Identify, select, and procure appropriate tooling for job specific applications (based on part material, geometry, features, tolerances, system rigidity, and equipment capability)
- Developing standardized best practices for the Joby machining processes
- Continuously improve design and production efforts by working closely with the engineering team
- Ability to program and machine using CAM software and 3 and 5 axis CNC milling and lathe machines (Delmia CAM experience a plus but not required)
- Capable of positively interacting in a team environment
- Have strong listening and verbal communication skills
- Rigorous attention to detail and pride in doing precise work
- Knowledgeable about G-code editing, canned cycles, and integrated probing systems
- Must have a basic working knowledge of materials [metals, plastics] and fundamental concepts of mechanics [stress, strain, etc.]
- Willingness to work outside your comfort zone, in a fast paced non-traditional manufacturing environment
- Assembly experience and working knowledge of basic fasteners and hand tools
Pursuant to various local, state, and federal regulations, you must show proof of your full COVID-19 vaccination status prior to your start date. Exemption requests are available for bona fide religious and medical circumstances.
- Experience with HSMWorks/Solidworks, Fusion360, CATIA, and/or Powermill
- Experience with macro programming
- Experience developing and improving CAM post code
- CMM ASQ Certification
- Aerospace manufacturing background in advanced composites, machined parts, aircraft assembly and systems integration
- Experience programming robotic arms
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Electric Aerial Ridesharing