Front End Developer, Telemetry
Located in Northern California, the Joby Aviation team has been steadily working toward our goal of providing safe, affordable, fully electric air transportation that is accessible to everyone. Imagine an air taxi that takes off vertically, then quietly and quickly carries you over the congestion below, giving you back that time you’d otherwise spend sitting in traffic. Technology has advanced to the point where designing and operating an all-electric aircraft is completely viable. Our team has been discreetly designing and flight testing this vehicle and is looking for talented individuals to see it through certification and high-rate production.
We are a rapidly growing team building mission critical software products supporting Joby Aviation’s vision to save 1 billion people an hour every day through electric powered flight. As a front-end developer, you will work closely with product management to design and deliver on various applications critical to the delivery of our revolutionary aircraft. These applications support a diverse range of
deployments such as Real-time In-service Telemetry, Flight Testing, Full Flight Training Simulator, Maintenance & Diagnostics, and Manufacturing Test.
- Thrive in an ambiguous problem space where you will be paving the way
- Enjoy architecting efficient and reusable front-end systems
- Collaborate in a cross-functional product team
- Bachelor’s degree (Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM)) and 5 years of prior relevant experience or an advanced degree and 3 years' experience
- 2+ years of HTML5 / CSS / JS (ES6+) experience, including concepts like layout, specificity, cross browser compatibility, and accessibility
- 2+ years’ experience with REST APIs and optimizing performance
- Single Page Applications – large, web based
- Front End Library experience such as Angular (preferred), React, Vue
- Experience working with a source control tool such as Git or Subversion
- Are a pilot or have an interest in aviation and/or new transportation technology
Pursuant to various local, state, and federal regulations, you must show proof of your full COVID-19 vaccination status prior to your start date. Exemption requests are available for bona fide religious and medical circumstances.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Electric Aerial Ridesharing