Entry Level Robot Operator (1st and 2nd Shift)
Located in Northern California, the Joby Aviation team is steadily working toward our goal of creating an affordable, all-electric air transportation system. Imagine an air taxi that takes off vertically, then quietly and quickly carries you over the traffic congestion below, giving you back the time that otherwise would have spent sitting in traffic. Since 2009, our team has been making this dream a reality, designing and flight testing a prototype aircraft capable of serving in a network of electric air taxis. We’re looking for talented individuals to join our team as we push onwards toward certifying the aircraft with the Federal Aviation Administration and preparing for commercialization with launch targeted in select markets for 2024.
Joby Aviation is seeking a self-motivated and hard-working Robot Operator. The role is to aid in the composite tooling, parts fabrication, and structural assembly process for both R&D and production parts while working closely with both engineering and manufacturing teams. The Joby Aviation team is looking to add to our already dynamic team with good people with great skills.
- Working hands-on in a shop environment as a team member on activities including;
- High-performance composite parts fabrication using prepreg carbon materials
- Operating an Automated Robot cell after training
- Large-scale bonded and fastened composite assemblies
- Perform tooling prep work and hand lay-up of prepreg materials
- Layup and infusion of carbon fiber tools for composite parts
- Assisting in developing new manufacturing processes and technology
- Ability to follow safe work practices
- Follow proper Lock-out procedures
- Basic problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Knowledge of basic inspection equipment
- Knowledge of basic hand tools
- Able to lift assemblies weighing up to 50 lbs.
- Able to become certified to wear a respirator
- Maintain work area in a neat, orderly, and organized manner
- Have no known allergies to epoxies or other composites materials
- Must be able to verbally communicate, read and comprehend written and verbal instructions, detailed blueprints and other similar authorized drawings and documents, and be capable of doing basic mathematical calculations
- Oven, autoclave, laser projection, and automated ply cutting equipment operator experience a plus, but not required
Pursuant to various local, state, and federal regulations, you must show proof of your full COVID-19 vaccination status prior to your start date. Exemption requests are available for bona fide religious and medical circumstances.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Electric Aerial Ridesharing