Located in Northern California, the Joby Aviation team is steadily working toward our goal of creating an affordable, all-electric air transportation system. Imagine an air taxi that takes off vertically, then quietly and quickly carries you over the traffic congestion below, giving you back the time that otherwise would have spent sitting in traffic. Since 2009, our team has been making this dream a reality, designing and flight testing a prototype aircraft capable of serving in a network of electric air taxis. We’re looking for talented individuals to join our team as we push onwards toward certifying the aircraft with the Federal Aviation Administration and preparing for commercialization with launch targeted in select markets for 2024.
- Performs scheduled and unscheduled maintenance, repairs and alterations in accordance with maintenance procedures, airworthiness directives, Federal Aviation Regulations, company policies and procedures, with a high standard of safety and quality.
- Ensures all aircraft maintenance record entries are executed and submitted in compliance with applicable Federal Aviation Regulations, company policies and procedures and applicable maintenance manuals.
- Maintains, monitors and is accountable for fuel equipment, aircraft parts, tools, supplies and ground support equipment in accordance with Joby Aviation General Operations Manual and General Maintenance Manual, as required.
- Acts as support for other mechanics when parts and additional maintenance resources are required.
- Interacts on a regular basis with all Shop AMT’s, aircraft maintenance company representatives, FAA, and others as required.
- Other duties as assigned or required
- Valid and Current Airframe and Powerplant (A&P) Certificate required.
- Knowledge of Federal Aviation Regulations.
- Must be able to work with electro-mechanical devices, high voltage power systems, and electronics equipment. Relevant training will be provided.
- Strong work ethic and initiative with an ability to work overtime, evenings and weekends as needed.
- Capable of maintaining flexibility and adaptability in leading company maintenance activities.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both verbally and in writing.
- Previous experience working under CFR Parts 135 and 145 preferred.
- FAA Inspection authorization.
- Experience working on experimental and/or prototype vehicles.
- Composite fabrication and repair experience.
- Maintenance experience on Cirrus SR22, Diamond DA40 and Robinson R44 aircraft.
- Three (3) years aircraft maintenance experience.
Pursuant to various local, state, and federal regulations, you must show proof of your full COVID-19 vaccination status prior to your start date. Exemption requests are available for bona fide religious and medical circumstances.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Electric Aerial Ridesharing