Composites Material & Process Engineer
Located in Northern California, the Joby Aviation team has been steadily working toward our goal of providing safe, affordable, fully electric air transportation that is accessible to everyone. Imagine an air taxi that takes off vertically, then quietly and quickly carries you over the congestion below, giving you back that time you’d otherwise spend sitting in traffic. Technology has advanced to the point where designing and operating an all-electric aircraft is completely viable. Our team has been discreetly designing and flight testing this vehicle and is looking for talented individuals to see it through certification and high rate production.
Joby Aviation is seeking a highly organized, passionate individual to coordinate our composite materials qualification effort leading to the development, certification, and production of our eVTOL aircraft. This individual will have an overall responsibility to characterize composite materials.
- Develop and implement FAA mandated material qualification test plans
- Write and peer review materials, process, and test specifications for use in the manufacture of the airframe components
- Coordinate with M&P Test Laboratory to execute engineering work orders including hands-on work in fabricating, processing, and testing composite materials
- Evaluate materials test data and generate allowables using statistical analysis
- B.S. in mechanical engineering, aerospace engineering or a relevant discipline
- Knowledge of composite parts fabrication and structural bonding
- Familiarity with ASTM and SACMA test standards
- Good writing, computer, and presentation skills
- Excellent teamwork and communication skills
- Understanding of statistical design allowables
- Ability to work independently, with minimal supervision
- M.S./Ph.D. in relevant discipline
- 5+ year of experience in the aerospace industry
- Hands-on material test laboratory experience
- Familiarity with FAR Part 23, DOT/FAA/AR-00/47 and CMH-17G.
- Aerospace background in advanced composites and bonded structures
Pursuant to various local, state, and federal regulations, you must show proof of your full COVID-19 vaccination status prior to your start date. Exemption requests are available for bona fide religious and medical circumstances.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Electric Aerial Ridesharing