IT Project Manager
Located in Northern California, the Joby Aviation team is steadily working toward our goal of creating an affordable, all-electric air transportation system. Imagine an air taxi that takes off vertically, then quietly and quickly carries you over the traffic congestion below, giving you back the time that otherwise would have spent sitting in traffic. Since 2009, our team has been making this dream a reality, designing and flight testing a prototype aircraft capable of serving in a network of electric air taxis. We’re looking for talented individuals to join our team as we push onwards toward certifying the aircraft with the Federal Aviation Administration and preparing for commercialization with launch targeted in select markets for 2024.
Joby Aviation is seeking a Project Manager who is a highly organized, passionate individual with excellent oral, written, and interpersonal skills. This position will be in our Santa Cruz, CA facility. This role will operate in a fast paced, demanding, and rewarding environment with very high expectations for individual contribution. The primary responsibilities for this role will include scheduling, planning, and resource allocation for Enterprise Applications (Business Systems) projects. Working with various IT and cross functional teams at Joby Aviation (including Security, Networking, Business Systems, and more), the Project Manager will develop and execute appropriate strategies and tactics that allow the company to achieve milestones on schedule and meet quality and financial requirements.
Work closely with Business Systems, IT, Security, Networking and Service Desk teams, as well as with other supporting functions to identify and scope out Enterprise Application related projects that need to be carried out to support the business mission. This will include creating, maintaining, and communicating team schedules that aim to achieve key company milestones.
- Actively manage open projects by tracking progress, project gates, test component status, driving technical decision-making processes to avoid bottlenecks, and seeking to resolve any other potential issues ahead of them limiting the project. The Project Manager will have to exhibit sound judgment, critical thinking skills, and an ability to guide the teams to meet aggressive timelines.
- Collaborate with other project managers to ensure convergence of company-level efforts to achieve key milestones.
- Ensure that executed projects meet internal and external performance and documentation requirements and standards.
- Use and develop tools to facilitate the various reporting or planning functions described above.
- Leverage team performance metrics to help create growth, organizational, and budgeting strategies for the team, as well as provide feedback that will allow the team to achieve higher operating efficiency.
- Project management experience with Enterprise Applications
- Bachelor’s degree with at least 2 years of directly related experience or 5 years of equivalent experience in lieu of the Bachelor's Degree
- Demonstrated organizational skills and attention to detail
- Demonstrated experience in the simultaneous management of multiple high-paced projects
- Demonstrated understanding of rolling out an enterprise product or service through to completion and launch within a diverse organization
- Expertise in project management tools such as JIRA and MS Project
- Expertise in common workplace software (word processor, spreadsheet, presentation software, etc.) with the ability to create and maintain performance and efficiency metrics
- Project management certification
- Experience with Enterprise Application migrations or implementations
- Experience with compliance audits in an enterprise environment
Pursuant to various local, state, and federal regulations, you must show proof of your full COVID-19 vaccination status prior to your start date. Exemption requests are available for bona fide religious and medical circumstances.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Electric Aerial Ridesharing