Supply Chain Commodity Manager - Capital Equipment
Located in Northern California, the Joby Aviation team has been steadily working toward our goal of providing safe, affordable, fully electric air transportation that is accessible to everyone. Imagine an air taxi that takes off vertically, then quietly and quickly carries you over the congestion below, giving you back that time you’d otherwise spend sitting in traffic. Technology has advanced to the point where designing and operating an all-electric aircraft is completely viable. Our team has been discreetly designing and flight testing this vehicle and is looking for talented individuals to see it through certification and high rate production.
Working as the Commodity Manager- Capital Equipment in our Santa Cruz location, you will be responsible for strategic and tactical procurement activities to support acquisition of major capital equipment for Joby Aviation. Using your industry knowledge, you will work with our finance, legal, engineering, manufacturing, and quality teams to oversee the contract negotiation and purchasing of capital equipment, such as major manufacturing equipment (CNC machines, robotics, autoclaves, etc.) test equipment, and custom industrial equipment.
- Develop and execute a strategy for Capital Equipment acquisition
- Develop strong, collaborative relationships with engineering teams to build quality, long-term procurement strategies that align with business requirements
- Manage and develop strong relationships and contracts with suppliers, dealing with any potential issues and concerns, and attend regular meetings to ensure open communication
- Oversee the negotiations and ensure timely and cost-effective acquisition of parts, materials, equipment, and supplies from approved suppliers
- Prepare and manage Requests for Proposals/Quotes
- Drive continuous improvement initiatives for project delivery methods, costs, and quality
- Ensure that suppliers operate in full compliance with Joby Aviation’s policies for supplier conduct
- Develop and drive strategic goals while also completing tactical, working level tasks as required
- B.S. in relevant discipline
- 5+ years of working experience in capital equipment procurement/supplier management position
- Proficient in reading technical drawings
- Experience in purchasing customized build-to-order industrial equipment
- Experienced reading, negotiating, and updating supplier contract agreements
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge of Lean manufacturing practices
Pursuant to various local, state, and federal regulations, you must show proof of your full COVID-19 vaccination status prior to your start date. Exemption requests are available for bona fide religious and medical circumstances.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Electric Aerial Ridesharing