IT Security Intern
Located in Northern California, the Joby Aviation team is steadily working toward our goal of creating an affordable, all-electric air transportation system. Imagine an air taxi that takes off vertically, then quietly and quickly carries you over the traffic congestion below, giving you back the time that otherwise would have spent sitting in traffic. Since 2009, our team has been making this dream a reality, designing and flight testing a prototype aircraft capable of serving in a network of electric air taxis. We’re looking for talented individuals to join our team as we push onwards toward certifying the aircraft with the Federal Aviation Administration and preparing for commercialization with launch targeted in select markets for 2024.
The IT Security Internship position entails working directly with the Security Operations team. Additional responsibilities include learning Joby’s existing processes and tools used for detecting and analyzing events with potential security implications.
A passion for information security, for keeping up with new technologies and new vulnerabilities, and developing skills with new technologies and tools is critical.
Strong communication and written skills are essential to effectively communicate information security risks as part of the Security Operations team.
- Assist in responding to cyber incidents, performing analysis using security tools
- Monitor internal and external networks, systems, and applications for security anomalies and events
- Participate in the development of security strategies for software systems, networks, data centers, and hardware
- Author security reports and documentation for a variety of audiences
- Work independently or as part of a team as needed
- Pursuing a degree in Computer Science, Cyber Security or related field or 3 years of current work experience in the field of IT security with certifications.
- Knowledge of network devices, firewalls, IDS/IPS, TCP/IP protocols, SIEM, and general network architecture
- The ability to think critically and innovatively about the security solutions that can keep data safe while still allowing a business to flourish
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Understanding of the cyber threat landscape, with working knowledge of the cyber and insider threat analysis and response process
- Understanding of the latest cybersecurity trends, especially those associated with insider threat detection, response, and mitigation
- Experience in security competitions, CTFs and/or testing platforms such as Hack the Box, TryHackMe, Overthewire, etc
Pursuant to various local, state, and federal regulations, you must show proof of your full COVID-19 vaccination status prior to your start date. Exemption requests are available for bona fide religious and medical circumstances.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Electric Aerial Ridesharing