Environmental Health and Safety Intern
Located in Northern California, the Joby Aviation team is steadily working toward our goal of creating an affordable, all-electric air transportation system. Imagine an air taxi that takes off vertically, then quietly and quickly carries you over the traffic congestion below, giving you back the time that otherwise would have spent sitting in traffic. Since 2009, our team has been making this dream a reality, designing and flight testing a prototype aircraft capable of serving in a network of electric air taxis. We’re looking for talented individuals to join our team as we push onwards toward certifying the aircraft with the Federal Aviation Administration and preparing for commercialization with launch targeted in select markets for 2024.
Under the direction of the Head of Safety, this position will support both EHS and environmental compliance teams related to Joby’s manufacturing and construction operations. You will work closely with cross-functional teams to promote/foster a strong EHS culture and assist in ensuring regulatory compliance, implementing risk prevention, safety audits, data collection, record keeping, and developing and implementing company-wide safety policies. The internship will also perform related duties as required. This position is onsite in our Marina, CA office.
Supporting the EHS Lead with implementation and tracking of EHS projects, policies, and ensuring compliance with all applicable OSHA, EPA, and local regulatory laws
- Assist in administering the day-to-day compliance of EHS policies
- Attend meetings, collect data, track permit compliance
- Assist with developing EHS communications and implementing sitewide EHS awareness
- Develop, review and update EHS training content and employee training profiles
- Conduct permit reviews, applicability analyses, document results, and assist in drafting permit applications
- Review waste management profiles and SDS information
- Update inventory
- Conduct EHS risk assessments
- Conduct safety audits
- Working towards a Bachelor’s degree in, Environmental Health and Safety, Engineering, Industrial Hygiene, Environmental Science, or a related field
- Transit between Joby locations
- Currently enrolled in a Master’s program related to Environmental Health and Safety
- HAZWOPPER certified
- Work experience in a related field
- Working knowledge of local, state, and federal environmental, health and safety regulations
- Working knowledge of the fundamentals of environmental permitting and environmental compliance,
- Knowledge of Federal, State, and local statutes and regulations including OSHA, RCRA, CERCLA, and LUST
- Data management
- Skilled in effective communication (both written and verbal)
- Skilled problem solver
- Ability to develop and evaluate project alternatives while engaging with regulators to ensure project development
- Ability to show integrity, ethics, and transparency
- Ability to work well with multi-disciplinary teams
Pursuant to various local, state, and federal regulations, you must show proof of your full COVID-19 vaccination status prior to your start date. Exemption requests are available for bona fide religious and medical circumstances.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Electric Aerial Ridesharing