Aviation Safety Analyst
Located in Northern California, the Joby Aviation team is steadily working toward our goal of creating an affordable, all-electric air transportation system. Imagine an air taxi that takes off vertically, then quietly and quickly carries you over the traffic congestion below, giving you back the time that otherwise would have spent sitting in traffic. Since 2009, our team has been making this dream a reality, designing and flight testing a prototype aircraft capable of serving in a network of electric air taxis. We’re looking for talented individuals to join our team as we push onwards toward certifying the aircraft with the Federal Aviation Administration and preparing for commercialization with launch targeted in select markets for 2024.
Joby Aviation is seeking a full-time Safety Analyst to join our dynamic team. The Safety Analyst plays an critical role in the enterprise Safety Management System. This role will be integral in managing data submitted to the Joby Safety Reporting System and working with the Enterprise Safety Manager and all functional areas of the company to create sound metrics used to measure safety performance. This position will work closely with all Joby Teams, creating and liaising with key Safety Representatives to help investigate, identify root cause, and manage corrective actions until completion for reported safety concerns. The Safety Analyst position will also be responsible for the administration and analysis of safety data.
The most important traits at Joby are a positive attitude, a hard-work ethic, the ability to self-manage, and to learn new skills. Forward-thinking and adaptability are highly regarded as well. The Joby Aviation team is made up of extremely talented, hardworking, proactive, and hands-on individuals, operating in a very fast-paced and rewarding environment.
- Support the daily management of Joby Safety Reporting System, including initial report triage, initial assessment, and assignment to relevant safety stakeholders
- Support the daily management of mitigation actions across all safety programs
- Create and support the daily management of the relationship with designated Safety Representatives from key organizational groups to help investigate, root cause, determine corrective actions and provide follow up
- Embody the pillar of Safety Promotion, ensuring reports are completed on time and the completion of key actions are promoted in the appropriate area
- Assist in running the Joby Safety Committees
- Generate reports and executive summaries to help safety accountability
- Assist with the administration of safety data collection and analysis systems, gathering, validating, tracking, and analyzing safety data
- Assist in the development of key Safety Performance Indicators (SPI) to monitor and track safety performance
- Facilitate the Aviation Safety Action Program (ASAP) for Joby’s Part 135 air carrier operations
- 2 years of safety experience
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent
- Experience with Safety Management Systems
- Experience with safety performance indicators and measuring safety trends
- Detailed data manipulation skills
- Ability to be flexible, work under pressure, multitask and make critical decisions in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Exceptional interpersonal skills
- Prior experience in Flight Safety or Safety Management
- Previous business intelligence experience
- Program management experience is a plus
- Excellent computer and data analytics skills
- Familiar with Low Code / No Code software and data visualization tools such as Microsoft Power BI and Grafana
Pursuant to various local, state, and federal regulations, you must show proof of your full COVID-19 vaccination status prior to your start date. Exemption requests are available for bona fide religious and medical circumstances.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Electric Aerial Ridesharing