Embedded Software Engineer, Ethernet Switch
Located in Northern California, the Joby Aviation team is steadily working toward our goal of creating an affordable, all-electric air transportation system. Imagine an air taxi that takes off vertically, then quietly and quickly carries you over the traffic congestion below, giving you back the time that otherwise would have spent sitting in traffic. Since 2009, our team has been making this dream a reality, designing and flight testing a prototype aircraft capable of serving in a network of electric air taxis. We’re looking for talented individuals to join our team as we push onwards toward certifying the aircraft with the Federal Aviation Administration and preparing for commercialization with launch targeted in select markets for 2024.
This position involves architecture and implementation of the embedded software at the heart of Joby Aviation aircraft. The engineer will play a key role in a small, fast-moving team and have input to requirements, conceptual system design, and implementation of embedded software for the project that is the communications backbone of the Joby aircraft to help develop the safety-critical Ethernet Switch with integrated health monitoring and network control.
This role will require a deep understanding of complex embedded systems, state machines, network systems and more to design a robust, reliable, and safe communications system.
- University degree in electrical engineering, computer science, computer engineering, mechatronics, physics, mathematics, or similar field; or, a strong portfolio of designed and implemented embedded software, or relevant industry experience.
- Knowledge of C++
- Understanding of hardware from an embedded software engineer's perspective.
- Experience with modern integrated development environments and debuggers.
- Hands-on experience with test and measurement equipment such as oscilloscopes, logic analyzers, protocol analyzers, voltmeters, etc.
- Understanding of network protocols such as UDP/TCP
- Understanding of modern micro-controller and microprocessor architectures such as ARM Cortex-M0/M3/M4/A8/A9.
- Knowledge of object-oriented programming methodology and multi-layered system architectures.
- Knowledge of and experience with communication protocols including I2C, CAN, SPI, UART, MDIO etc.
- Exposure to the software development process and modern software engineering techniques
- Experience with DO178C process, requirements authoring and verification.
- A positive attitude and a passion for aerospace!
Pursuant to various local, state, and federal regulations, you must show proof of your full COVID-19 vaccination status prior to your start date. Exemption requests are available for bona fide religious and medical circumstances.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Electric Aerial Ridesharing