Safety Assurance Program Manager
Located in Northern California, the Joby Aviation team is steadily working toward our goal of creating an affordable, all-electric air transportation system. Imagine an air taxi that takes off vertically, then quietly and quickly carries you over the traffic congestion below, giving you back the time that otherwise would have spent sitting in traffic. Since 2009, our team has been making this dream a reality, designing and flight testing a prototype aircraft capable of serving in a network of electric air taxis. We’re looking for talented individuals to join our team as we push onwards toward certifying the aircraft with the Federal Aviation Administration and preparing for commercialization with launch targeted in select markets for 2024.
The Safety Assurance Program Manager is an integral part of the company’s Enterprise Safety Management Systems, providing support in the development and implementation of safety assurance processes for the company. The Safety Assurance Program Manager is responsible for the maintenance of the company’s internal evaluation program and is the designated internal auditor for the company’s air transport operations. This position will work closely with the Safety team and other Joby teams to identify and create appropriate safety metrics for safety performance monitoring.
The most important traits at Joby are a positive attitude, a hard-work ethic, the ability to self-manage, and to learn new skills. Forward-thinking and adaptability are highly regarded as well. The Joby Aviation team is made up of extremely talented, hardworking, proactive, and hands-on individuals, operating in a very fast-paced and rewarding environment.
- Assist in the development and implementation of Safety Assurance programs, including Internal Evaluation Program and safety performance monitoring
- Conduct internal safety audits and document audit results, including observations, interviews, and non-conformities in the company’s audit database
- Act as the main point of contact and facilitate all external safety audits
- Work with cross-functional teams to create appropriate safety metrics
- Assist in maintaining and monitoring safety performance metrics in line with the company’s safety goals and objectives
- Assist in the administration and maintenance of the company's safety data collection tool to ensure data quality and integrity, and system ease of use
- Assist in the development and implementation of the safety data analysis and monitoring systems
- Perform data analysis and trending techniques in order to visualize, monitor, and assess the company's safety performance
- Participate and provide support in the implementation of the company’s Enterprise SMS
- 3 years of aviation experience
- 2 years of experience with SMS, Internal Evaluation Program and/or similar safety programs
- Bachelor’s degree
- Proven knowledge of data analysis skills
- Ability to be flexible, work under pressure, multitask and make critical decisions in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Exceptional interpersonal skills
- Formal auditor training
- SMS training certification
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including the ability to communicate findings from data analyses and evaluations to non-technical audiences
- Familiar with data visualization software
- Understanding of basic project management principles and proficiency in facilitating cross-functional teams
Pursuant to various local, state, and federal regulations, you must show proof of your full COVID-19 vaccination status prior to your start date. Exemption requests are available for bona fide religious and medical circumstances.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Electric Aerial Ridesharing