Senior Developer Productivity Engineer
Located in Northern California, the Joby Aviation team is steadily working toward our goal of creating an affordable, all-electric air transportation system. Imagine an air taxi that takes off vertically, then quietly and quickly carries you over the traffic congestion below, giving you back the time that otherwise would have spent sitting in traffic. Since 2009, our team has been making this dream a reality, designing and flight testing a prototype aircraft capable of serving in a network of electric air taxis. We’re looking for talented individuals to join our team as we push onwards toward certifying the aircraft with the Federal Aviation Administration and preparing for commercialization with launch targeted in select markets for 2024.
- Maintain and improve the build frameworks involving CMake, Bazel, and Ninja
- Keep an optimized build system that includes several steps of source generation
- Improve the integration with package management tools such as Conan and Python
- Enhance build performance by optimizing compiler configurations and implementing parallelism where applicable
- Collaborate closely with development teams to understand their current build and release processes and make recommendations for improvement
- Hands-on experience building C++ applications and systems at scale, using technologies such as Clang/GCC, CMake, Bazel, Conan, Ninja, ccache, sccache and distcc
- Experience with container technologies such as Docker
- Experience developing on a Linux-based build system
- Familiar with distributed version control systems like git
- 5+ years of experience in the software industry
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience; degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field preferred
- Improve the developer experience by standardizing presets in Integrated Developer Environments like CLion and VSCode
- Familiar with DO-178C, Software Considerations in Airborne Systems and Equipment Certification
Pursuant to various local, state, and federal regulations, you must show proof of your full COVID-19 vaccination status prior to your start date. Exemption requests are available for bona fide religious and medical circumstances.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Electric Aerial Ridesharing