Located in Northern California, the Joby Aviation team is steadily working toward our goal of creating an affordable, all-electric air transportation system. Imagine an air taxi that takes off vertically, then quietly and quickly carries you over the traffic congestion below, giving you back the time that otherwise would have spent sitting in traffic. Since 2009, our team has been making this dream a reality, designing and flight testing a prototype aircraft capable of serving in a network of electric air taxis. We’re looking for talented individuals to join our team as we push onwards toward certifying the aircraft with the Federal Aviation Administration and preparing for commercialization with launch targeted in select markets for 2024.
- Own, extend, and support the documentation generation processes for Joby's Software Team
- Drive implementation of a company-wide documentation system
- Evaluate our current toolchain, suggest changes, and manage projects to update the toolchain with creativity and efficiency.
- Familiarity with open-source platforms and authoring/publishing tools for a "Docs-as-Code" approach (such as Doxygen, reStructuredText/Sphinx, AsciiDoc, LaTeX, etc.)
- Familiarity with CI/CD methodologies and technologies (such as Jenkins, TeamCity, etc.).
- Familiar with distributed version control systems like git
- Self-sufficiency with *nix command line
- 3+ years of experience in the software industry
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience; degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field preferred
- Experience developing and/or documenting applications using programming languages/APIs (such as Python, assembly, C/C++.)
- Experience with diagramming tools such as draw.io, Visio, or LucidChart
- Familiaity with DO-178C, Software Considerations in Airborne Systems and Equipment Certification
Pursuant to various local, state, and federal regulations, you must show proof of your full COVID-19 vaccination status prior to your start date. Exemption requests are available for bona fide religious and medical circumstances.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Electric Aerial Ridesharing