Senior DevOps Engineer
Located in Northern California, the Joby Aviation team is steadily working toward our goal of creating an affordable, all-electric air transportation system. Imagine an air taxi that takes off vertically, then quietly and quickly carries you over the traffic congestion below, giving you back the time that otherwise would have spent sitting in traffic. Since 2009, our team has been making this dream a reality, designing and flight testing a prototype aircraft capable of serving in a network of electric air taxis. We’re looking for talented individuals to join our team as we push onwards toward certifying the aircraft with the Federal Aviation Administration and preparing for commercialization with launch targeted in select markets for 2024.
- Develop and continuously improve automation solutions to enable teams to build and deploy code efficiently and consistently
- Provide guidance to development teams to improve performance and operability of the solutions they develop
- Develop or setup tools for monitoring, alerting, logging, and visualization
- Establish metrics such as key performance indicators of the development process
- Promote DevOps principles and culture across the software engineering organization
- Familiar with CMake or similar large-scale C and C++ build systems
- Proficiency in Docker, TeamCity (Kotlin), GitHub, Artifactory, Ansible, AWS, and Kubernetes
- Experience with monitoring and alerting tools such as Datadog, Cloudwatch, Stackdriver, or Splunk
- Experience with performance metrics monitoring platforms such as New Relic or Grafana
- Experience using scripting languages and configuration-as-code best practices for automation and to create end-to-end solutions
- Experience developing on a Linux-based build system
- 5+ years of experience in the software industry
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience; degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field preferred
- Familiar with transitioning from using Artifactory Cloud to Artifactory Self-Hosted
- Familiar with DO-178C, Software Considerations in Airborne Systems and Equipment Certification
Pursuant to various local, state, and federal regulations, you must show proof of your full COVID-19 vaccination status prior to your start date. Exemption requests are available for bona fide religious and medical circumstances.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Electric Aerial Ridesharing