Software Compliance Engineer
Located in Northern California, the Joby Aviation team is steadily working toward our goal of creating an affordable, all-electric air transportation system. Imagine an air taxi that takes off vertically, then quietly and quickly carries you over the traffic congestion below, giving you back the time that otherwise would have spent sitting in traffic. Since 2009, our team has been making this dream a reality, designing and flight testing a prototype aircraft capable of serving in a network of electric air taxis. We’re looking for talented individuals to join our team as we push onwards toward certifying the aircraft with the Federal Aviation Administration and preparing for commercialization with launch targeted in select markets for 2024.
We are looking for a talented Compliance Engineer with exceptional requirements authoring and software skills to work with Joby engineers as well as our FAA Designated Engineering Representatives (DERs). This engineer will play a key role in a small, fast-moving team and participate in ensuring FAA compliance for our electric-powered, fly-by-wire aircraft.
The successful candidate will work within the Software Compliance team to provide direction and training for system engineers and software engineers to ensure DO-178C compliance. The initial direction will be decomposing equipment-level and system requirements into high-level and low-level software requirements in compliance with DO-178C. Additional direction may be determined based on the candidate's areas of expertise. The candidate will work with the testing teams to design ways to test requirements and assist in creating detailed design documentation.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, physics, math or comparable and 5+ years of full-time experience or a Master’s degree and 3+ years industry experience.
- Experience with or knowledge of DO-178B/C particularly writing requirements
- Exposure to the software development process and modern software engineering techniques
- A desire and skill set to write detailed documentation of system design
- Experience with Requirements Management Tools such as Polarion, DOORs, or Jama
- Basic understanding of git version control
- Great communication skills, working with folks both locally and across the country.
- Willingness to be flexible and learn new technologies and new tools
- A positive attitude and a passion for aerospace!
- Experience with agile practices
- Experience with or knowledge of DO-331
- Experience with or knowledge of DO-332
- Experience writing C++
- Exposure to other languages such as: Python, C#, C, SQL
Pursuant to various local, state, and federal regulations, you must show proof of your full COVID-19 vaccination status prior to your start date. Exemption requests are available for bona fide religious and medical circumstances.
Joby Aviation is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Electric Aerial Ridesharing