Testing Operations Manager - AV Verification and Validation
Gatik is the leader in autonomous middle mile logistics. We deliver goods safely, quickly, and efficiently in our fleet of medium-duty trucks, connecting people and communities to the goods they really need. With every delivery, we're making the supply chain more reliable, keeping costs low, driving sustainability, and making the roads safer for all road users.
At Gatik, we believe in establishing new standards of success for the autonomous trucking industry every day. In 2021, we launched the world's first fully driverless commercial delivery service with Walmart, a historic milestone that's changing the way we view goods movement forever.
Gatik is a place to learn, lead and grow alongside industry veterans who are defining the future of logistics, and we want you to help us shape the next chapter in our journey.
As the Testing Operations Manager you'll be leading the testing strategies, procedures and metrics for our fleet of Autonomous Vehicles across California, Texas, Arkansas, Toronto (Canada) and other customer sites. We are seeking skilled and highly motivated individuals to join our Mountain View team to help support the development of autonomous vehicles. You will work closely with Product managers, software managers, hardware development engineers, reliability engineers, and at times with our suppliers to develop validation and reliability tests in both development and production environments.
You will be responsible for hiring, mentoring and managing a team verification and validation engineers responsible for programs to accelerate learnings in reliability, durability, serviceability and more, on the entire Gatik autonomous vehicle system as well as its subsystems including Electric Vehicle (EV) platform, AV sensors and compute, DBW, and V2I infrastructure.
- Ensure continuous and efficient testing operations through standard procedures and documentation
- Coordinate and facilitate information flow between various teams and colleagues
- Drive process improvements to improve fleet efficiency
- Help other teams to succeed all the while holding people accountable
- Prioritize tasks and triage incoming requests from other teams
- Work cross-functionally to develop and track validation metrics
- Ensure maximum utilization of fleet vehicles by planning, tracking, and updating vehicle testing
- Prioritize, adapt and maintain the backlog of tasks for the team to ensure the team's test plans, schedules and priorities meet the company and program milestones
- Pave the way from development to field deployment by developing and deploying the systems necessary to identify reliability performance improvement opportunities and drive the implementation of corrective actions
- Mentor and coach team members, and scope their work in ways to grow their skills and craft their career path
- Manage as well expand a team of exceptional engineers & technicians for testing operations across North America
- Ensure lessons learned and best practices are incorporated
- The work will be performed on-site in our Mountain View location
- BS. or M.S. in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Mechanical Engineering, or a related field
- 5+ years of experience in verification/validation/reliability test development of consumer electronics, automotive, aerospace or related industries
- 2+ years of experience managing reasonable size testing/validation operations for fleet of AVs, EVs, Trucks, robots, etc
- Experience in test and validation using SiL / HiL / ViL techniques
- Experience in CANbus design and analysis including reverse engineering the messages
- Background in systems engineering, functional safety concept design, failure mode analysis (FMEA), including common frameworks and tools
- Experience and understanding of different root cause techniques and troubleshooting for AVs / automotive related issues
- Expertise with automotive control system testing instrumentation and calibration tools
- Familiarity with automotive system engineering process, requirements management, and functional safety analysis
- Experience interfacing/managing partner and vendor relationships
- Experience in testing safety critical vehicle systems such as powertrain, steering, braking, etc
- An understanding of relevant safety standards and automotive standards such as ISO 26262, ISO 16750, EN 50325, AutoSAR etc.
- Experience with the software development life cycle, modern software/hardware/system testing methods, and continuous integration
- Experience with Github, JIRA, Confluence, and/or SmartSheets
- Competitive salaries, generous equity, and benefits including medical, dental & vision
- Regularly scheduled on and off-site team building activities
- Free catered lunches, snacks, and drinks
- Start-up environment where you’ll help shape the culture and have a huge impact
- Work on innovative products and challenging problems with some amazingly talented (and fun) people
- Be at ground zero of the AV revolution!
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Autonomous Delivery Network for the Middle Mile