Manager - Launch Operations
Why Drop Mobility?
Great things happen when cities are moving; cities start moving when our bikes Drop. We build the technology that unlocks the two-wheeled electrified urban revolution. After proving the value of shared electric micromobility across multiple North American markets, we are vigorously expanding to new communities with our best-in-class e-bikes, scooters, cargo bikes and our full-stack software platform. The deployment of our products enhanced by our operations expertise helps cities tackle our generation’s biggest challenges around climate change and mobility. We are transforming the face of modern cities one smiling rider at a time.
You are an experienced operations wizard with a penchant for processes who believes in the power of two wheels to make a difference. You are in tune with the need to build relationships at all levels of your work. You are a team builder with an eye for talent and an ability to enable the people around you to bring their best. You thrive in a start-up world where you can help drive the direction of a fast-growing company. You are a problem solver and your nimble approach allows you to succeed in an environment that changes by the day.
You will be responsible for launch execution across multiple markets within the US, where Drop will either partner with a local operator or deploy a full-service operation to deliver first class rider experiences. Your focus will be on successfully launching systems across cities which may include building teams in markets where Drop operates directly. Post launch, your focus will shift to transitioning ongoing operations to the regional or national operations manager. Key responsibilities and opportunities include:
- Planning and building ground ops teams and systems from scratch
- Identifying real estate lease opportunities for local workshop and warehouse spaces
- Creating & optimizing scalable processes for turning shipped goods into functional mobility systems
- Ensuring said processes are implemented by on the ground teams
- Understanding existing strategies and identifying opportunities for improved efficiency
- Identifying local partnership opportunities that may enhance system success at launch and beyond
- Developing strong relationships with other regions and internal teams in order to foster collaboration and optimize output
- Developing a compelling culture of positivity and a desire to bring the best mobility solution to riders and operations teams in each city
- Regular travel to existing and potential operations centres in addition to remote work
- Working directly with partners in operations, nonprofits, municipalities and governments
What You Bring
- 3+ years combined experience in consulting and/or operations, ideally in a startup or similar environment
- B.A/B.S or equivalent
- Strong knowledge of the shared micromobilty operations and bike share landscape
- An understanding of municipal structures, non-profit organizations and transit agencies
- Strong planning, communication and organizational skills: daily, proactive, communication, coaching and liaising with both HQ and external parties
- Ability to work with remote teams and across time zones to develop strategies and foster a cohesive and creative work environment
- Data analysis skills (experience with Excel, Airtable, SQL, etc). Comfortable learning and adapting to new concepts and using new tools
- Experience building relationships with trade partners and managing stakeholders
- Exposure to warehousing, supply chain and logistics
- Experience as a team manager
- Passion for bikes and the outdoors
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Enabling sustainable, local, micro-mobility for cities