Backend Engineer (Remote)
Axle is the all-in-one financial services platform that is rapidly disrupting the $250 billion freight intermediary market. Its proprietary technology allows freight brokers to simplify their financing operations and easily access the working capital they need to grow. Axle automates invoicing, collections, and payments - ultimately delivering a better customer experience. A remote-first company, Axle has been named a Best Place To Work by Built In.
As a Backend Engineer, you will be responsible for building the critical infrastructure to process transactions, internal automation tools to streamline payments, and underlying functionality for features our clients love.
You’ll not only be enhancing existing functionality, but also have the opportunity to build new products that will be instrumental to our continued growth.
What Excites You:
- You love deploying features. One of your favorite feelings is confidently shipping code that will deliver tremendous value to the world.
- You do things the hard way because you know that it’s often the right way. You’ll make sure our code is well-documented and well-tested. You’ll spend the time thinking about the data-models and APIs to ensure that we are building a solid foundation for scale.
- You don’t want to just take tickets, you want to take ownership. You want to fully understand the problem-space so you can design and build the best solutions.
- You want to work with a team that is always looking to support each other and help each other grow. This may be through pair-programming, code reviews, or just sharing interesting articles or helpful tips.
What Excites Us:
- 3-5 years of experience working in a high-growth engineering team
- Professional work experience using Elixir or other functional programming languages (Scala, Clojure, Haskell, Erlang, etc…)
- Familiarity with Event Sourcing, CQRS, or Domain-Driven Design
- Familiarity with other components of our modern infrastructure and tooling such as: Google Cloud Platform, Postgres, Typescript, Microservices, Test-Driven Development.
Benefits and Perks:
- Fully remote work by design
- Quarterly in-person retreats
- Unlimited paid time off
- Medical, dental, & vision
- Mental and physical wellness stipend
- Generous option (equity) grant
- Professional development reimbursements
- Philanthropy Match-Axle will match employee donations up to $100 each year
Axle believes in providing pay transparency to all candidates. For annual compensation, our pay ranges for all roles are based on geographic location, job responsibilities and experience, benchmarked against similar stage companies in our industry. We share salary ranges on all job postings regardless of desired hiring location. Every final offer presented is determined by several components including location as well as candidate experience and skills, and could alter from the amounts listed above.
We have unlimited PTO, and we mean it! We incentivize employees taking at least 3 day off each quarter, and require each employee to take a minimum of 5 consecutive days off each year.
We see Axle as a constant work in progress, and the same is true of our people: for all of us, we believe the best is yet to come. We want to work in the company of warm, inclusive people who treat their colleagues exceptionally well. The kind of people who are committed to going out of their way to help others in the short-term and to push them to grow over the long-term.
At Axle, we don’t just accept our differences. We celebrate them. Axle is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an equal opportunity employer.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
All-in-One Financial Platform for Modern Freight Brokers