Senior Systems Engineer
Aperia Technologies is unlocking a new era of efficiency & profitability for commercial vehicle fleets by developing innovative tire inﬂation hardware & analytics solutions. Inventors of the award-winning Halo™ Automatic Tire Inflator and cloud-deployed Halo™ Connect platform, Aperia saves fleets thousands of hours of downtime every week and reduces the environmental impact of the freight industry. Join us as we expand our product offering and take the next steps on our journey toward bringing the “backbone of our economy” into the automation age.
This is an opportunity for a mid-career systems engineer to play a crucial role in both the development of Aperia’s next generation products and the maturation of our existing Halo products to perform at even larger scale. You will work in a high-communication environment as part of a team of empowered engineers who have passion for the products they work on and care about their end users. We’re looking forward to you sharing your experience, interdisciplinary skills and drive for systems engineering and working together to make Halo and Halo Connect something we’re all proud of. Since we are still a small organization, your contributions will have a big impact on the product, our company, and our customers.
- Act as the key interface between mechanical, electrical, firmware and cloud / mobile software subsystems, making sure the designs of sub-teams are compatible with each other and leading the integration and test at the system level.
- Define and manage detailed user tests and integration tests
- Develop and understand key end user workflows.
- Identify and troubleshoot system level problems.
- Support systems reliability testing.
- Own critical systems level documents such as requirements, FMEA, DVP&R.
- Bachelor’s in Mechanical, Electrical, or other relevant engineering or scientific discipline, Master’s preferred.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in systems engineering in complex product lines involving connected electromechanical hardware and software.
- Experience with formal product development and release to manufacturing over the full product lifecycle
- Experience of the Internet of Things (IOT) space, wireless products and/or automotive products is a plus.
- Hands on in the lab, integrating prototypes, comfortable/capable with wide range of electrical and mechanical test equipment.
- Design of test fixtures and/or LabVIEW skills are a plus.
- Demonstrated success working in hybrid/remote, highly collaborative environments
- Self-motivated, proactive, independent, curious and driven to learn and improve.
- Strong problem analysis and solving skills.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Halo Tire Inflator for Tractors & Trailers