DSP Algorithm Director
Become a leader in building a safer future.
AEye is the premier provider of intelligent, next generation, adaptive LiDAR for advanced driver-assistance, vehicle autonomy, and industrial applications that save lives and propel the future of transportation and mobility. We are technology thought leaders who value innovation to create reliable products that save lives. The company's 4Sight™ Intelligent Sensing Platform focuses on what matters most: enabling faster, more accurate and reliable perception for dynamic applications ranging from autonomous driving to intelligent infrastructure, which require precise measurement imaging to ensure safety and performance. AEye was founded in 2013 and is based in the San Francisco Bay Area. We believe in a creative atmosphere, with open, collaborative idea-sharing, where all employees are empowered to achieve their potential. Come experience our flexible and collaborative work environment!
AEye is looking for a highly motivated DSP algorithm Director who is strong in DSP algorithm design, project leadership and scrum management with track record for leading teams for on time delivery. The ideal candidate will be comfortable wearing multiple hats and working in a cross-disciplinary team. This person should also be proficient with best Software Development practices and comfortable collaborating with both Software and Hardware Teams. The DSP director will lead a team to develop Aeye's next generation of algorithms. The focus in on the pre-perception aspects of our data stack. Specific algorithms include:
constant false alarm rate detection, matched filtering, parameter estimation (range, interpolation, velocity, intensity, ground plane detection, horizon tracking, SLAM (source location and mapping fiducial exploitation), and low SNR processing (tracklet initiation).
The DSP algorithm director will focus on next generation algorithms, although his/her team will also participate as needed in legacy signal processing product issues, such as modeling and simulation of the processor chain, and studies and analysis associated with migration from FPGA to ASIC.
Tasks, Duties & Responsibilities:
- Manage the algorithmic implementation, and verification of current and future generations of advanced Lidar pre-perception algorithm development..
- Manage day to day activities of a team of DSP / FPGA engineers from helping develop micro-architecture designs to top level system architecture.
- Work on project management tasks associated with allocating resources and identifying risks items.
- The DSP algorithm team is at the heart of the product, at the intersection of hardware, digitization, and advanced perception, so this person will need to be comfortable working with Software and Hardware teams to create new and interesting designs.
- Define development roadmap.
- Able to allocate timeline and resources for team projects and activities.
- Ability to provide guidance from the lowest micro-architecture designs levels to large system design and see those systems all the way through to deployment in customers hands.
- Self-driven and is comfortable working in a startup environment.
- Drive internal process improvements across multiple teams and functions.
- Work with the software, hardware, architecture and product management teams to understand the requirements of multiple projects.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Essential Skills & Experience Requirements (required):
- BS in Electrical Engineering or related field
- 5+ years of DSP algorithm development and implementation in real time systems.
- 2 years of technical management experience.
- Experience in Software Design and Practices.
- Experience with real time signal processing, to include noise modeling, filtering, detection, etc.
- Experience in delivering high-performance products.
- Experience owning systems and complex solutions from initial design to final system testing.
- Organizational, coordination and multi-tasking experience.
- Cross-functional leadership and communication experience.
- Strong Communication Skills and experience with building and collaborating within a cross-functional team.
- Self-starter, flexible, adaptable, collaborative and motivated to champion continuous improvement.
- Strong Communication Skills.
- Experience with FPGA implementations for real time applications
Preferred Skills & Experience (useful):
- MS in Electrical Engineering
- Experience working with Matlab
- Experience working with Lidars
Experience in a fast-paced and demanding start-up experience.
AEye, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, ancestry, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, citizenship, marital status, disability or Veteran status.
AEye, Inc. participates in E-Verify.
To all recruitment agencies: AEye will not accept agency resumes for this role. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, AEye employees or any other organization location. AEye is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
AEye is LIDR!