Interested in building a new generation of GNSS satellites at the speed of new space?
GNSS (GPS) creates upwards of $500B in economic value in the US every year, supporting everything from consumer applications, to transportation systems, to time sync for critical infrastructure. As these industries progress towards autonomy the performance and security demands of their navigation systems are increasing beyond what GNSS can support, leaving a need for a cost-effective global solution.
Using lessons we've learned at places like SpaceX and Blue Origin, Xona is constructing a modern satellite network at the rapid pace of the new space industry leveraging the recent wave of technology and regulatory advancements. Building on our patent pending small satellite architecture, we are developing a robust and accurate service that is an independent alternative to GNSS rather than a correction, solving the longstanding challenge of obtaining a reliable high accuracy solution from the very fragile GNSS signals. Our satellite system will provide the first ever high-accuracy global navigation and timing services with the security and resilience modern applications need to operate safely at scale.
At Xona you will develop state-of-the-art hardware and software solutions to solve real problems that can have a massive world impact. Xona is driven by the mission to enable modern devices to operate safely in any environment, anywhere on Earth, and unlock the true potential of the age of autonomy.
Xona is looking for an FPGA Engineer to join the team to bring Xona’s PNT payload to life. As part of the team, you will transform digital data into Xona’s navigation signal as part of Xona’s transmission system. This is an opportunity to design and develop RF and digital signal processing algorithm on FPGAs that make up the heart of Xona’s PNT payload. You will work alongside hardware and software teams to integrate and test your designs into the payload and into flight.
Desired Qualifications (not all are expected):
- FPGA development in the context of RF design
- Digital Signal Processing knowledge (filtering, sample rate conversions, etc.)
- Processor peripheral interfaces (usb, I2C SPI, storage, high speed serial I/Fs)
- Experience with industry-standard protocols (PCI Express, USB, ethernet)
- Experience with simulation tools such as modelsim
- Understand of principles of FPGA design and development for space applications
- Proficient in VHDL/Verilog RTL language
- Experience with large FPGA development on Altera or Xilinx devices
- Familiarity with FPGA build flow from synthesis, placement, and routing to timing constraints and timing closure practices
- Experience integrating and debugging FPGA firmware designs with other external interfaces and boards
- Proficient in C/C++ to interact with and test FPGA designs
- To comply with U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the United States (i.e. Green Card holder), or other protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3).
Your application has been successfully submitted.
UNLEASH THE AGE OF AUTONOMY