Software Engineer, Cryptography
Interested in building a new generation of GNSS satellites at the speed of new space?
GNSS (GPS) creates upwards of $500B in economic value in the US every year, supporting everything from consumer applications, to transportation systems, to time sync for critical infrastructure. As these industries progress towards autonomy the performance and security demands of their navigation systems are increasing beyond what GNSS can support, leaving a need for a cost-effective global solution.
Using lessons we've learned at places like SpaceX and Blue Origin, Xona is constructing a modern satellite network at the rapid pace of the new space industry leveraging the recent wave of technology and regulatory advancements. Building on our patent pending small satellite architecture, we are developing a robust and accurate service that is an independent alternative to GNSS rather than a correction, solving the longstanding challenge of obtaining a reliable high accuracy solution from the very fragile GNSS signals. Our satellite system will provide the first ever high-accuracy global navigation and timing services with the security and resilience modern applications need to operate safely at scale.
Modern intelligent systems such as self-driving cars, aerial mobility, and mobile robotics have the potential to improve the safety and efficiency of all forms of transportation. However, to realize their full potential, these systems must be able to navigate safely in any environment, anywhere on the planet. The most ubiquitous and widely used source of navigation, GNSS (commonly referred to as GPS), cannot deliver the precision, resilience, or security needed to support these industries.
Xona is looking for a Software Engineer specializing in cryptography to join our software team. As part of our software team, you’ll interface with cross functional teams to contribute towards ensuring our payloads, software, and navigation signals are well implemented, secure, and ready for flight! Experience with space-tech is not required, and even if you don’t meet many of the desired qualifications below we would still love to connect and receive an application from you.
Desired Qualifications (not all are expected):
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering or a relevant field
- Proficiency with Modern C++ (C++11 and up)
- Experience utilizing existing cryptography libraries to secure communications channels
- Familiarity with functional testing, system level testing, and oppositional testing
- Proven success in a fast-paced, cross-functional engineering team environment
- Familiarity with space and high-reliability software
- To comply with U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the United States (i.e. Green Card holder), or other protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3).
Your application has been successfully submitted.
UNLEASH THE AGE OF AUTONOMY