About the job Communications Engineer
Interested in building a new generation of GNSS satellites at the speed of new space?
GNSS (GPS) creates upwards of $500B in economic value in the US every year, supporting everything from consumer applications, to transportation systems, to time sync for critical infrastructure. As these industries progress towards autonomy the performance and security demands of their navigation systems are increasing beyond what GNSS can support, leaving a need for a cost-effective global solution.
Using lessons we've learned at places like SpaceX and Blue Origin, Xona is constructing a modern satellite network at the rapid pace of the new space industry leveraging the recent wave of technology and regulatory advancements. Building on our patent pending small satellite architecture, we are developing a robust and accurate service that is an independent alternative to GNSS rather than a correction, solving the longstanding challenge of obtaining a reliable high accuracy solution from the very fragile GNSS signals. Our satellite system will provide the first ever high-accuracy global navigation and timing services with the security and resilience modern applications need to operate safely at scale.
At Xona you will develop state-of-the-art hardware and software solutions to solve real problems that can have a massive world impact. Xona is driven by the mission to enable modern devices to operate safely in any environment, anywhere on Earth, and unlock the true potential of the age of autonomy.
Xona is looking for a Communications Engineer to join our team in building out Xona’s system – consisting of a constellation of Low Earth Orbiting (LEO) satellites, ground infrastructure that provides information to the satellites, and a user segment comprised of devices that give reliable, trusted position and timing information to people all around the world. As a part of this team, you will spearhead constellation simulations and signal analyses that will shape Xona’s use of valuable RF spectrum. You will also play an integral part in specifying, simulating, and validating the implementation of Xona’s RF payload.
Desired Qualifications (not all are expected):
- Familiarity with GPS/GNSS systems
- Familiarity with spectrum engineering and regulations
- Experience with git and the gitflow development process
- Experience with satellite communications systems
- Understanding of RF signals and communications theory
- Experience with C++, Python, and/or MATLAB
- Hands-on experience with link budgets
- Familiarity with modeling and simulation of RF links
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- To comply with U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the United States (i.e. Green Card holder), or other protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3).
Your application has been successfully submitted.
UNLEASH THE AGE OF AUTONOMY