VP of Hydrogen Logistics
Are you ready to revolutionize hydrogen fuel delivery for commercial aviation? In this role, you will build a team responsible for the end to end execution of our hydrogen supply chain from production to delivery onto aircraft. We are looking for an experienced logistics leader with knowledge in the airport logistics, ground transportation, and aviation fuel industries. You and your new team will work closely with our global sales organization and the entire operations team to develop the logistics concept that will be implemented globally followed by the execution of the value chain. This is your opportunity to play a critical role in the decarbonization of aviation in the near future.
About the Role
- Build the hydrogen logistics and value chain organization that will handle all hydrogen logistics from electrolyzer (hydrogen production) to aircraft.
- Develop a scalable model for our hydrogen logistics, as high growth is expected.
- Make continuous improvements to the model to ensure that hydrogen is competitive with fossil fuels.
- Establish partnerships and commercial agreements across the value chain from hydrogen manufacturers, transport companies, etc.
- Establish the digital infrastructure that will enable continued monitoring and optimization across the value chain.
- Develop the training and certification plans so UH and our partners are able to operate the value chain safe and efficiently.
- Experience as a logistics leader, background in aviation fueling or energy industry preferred.
- Motivation to plan and build as an individual contributor prior to or in tandem with building a team.
- Expertise to develop a completely new setup for aviation fuel handling and be comfortable with challenging existing operation standards.
- Ability to work internationally between our entities in France and California, and throughout various time zones as we scale.
At Universal Hydrogen, our mission is to fuel carbon-free flight and reduce the climate impact of air travel. We are stitching together the end-to-end hydrogen value chain for aviation, both for hydrogen fuel and hydrogen-powered airplanes. We are building a transport and logistics network that moves hydrogen from production facilities to airports over the existing freight infrastructure, eliminating the need for costly new pipelines and storage facilities. Our system utilizes specialized capsules that safely store hydrogen during transit and also act as modular fuel tanks that load directly onto aircraft. We are also developing powertrain conversion kits to retrofit existing airplanes and enable new airplanes to fly on hydrogen. Founded by former executives from Airbus, United Technologies, Google, and DARPA, and backed by investors such as Playground Global, JetBlue, Toyota, and Airbus, we are convinced that hydrogen is the best and only scalable solution to truly decarbonize aviation, and we want to bring it to market decades sooner—by 2025.
We strive for a culture that is empowered, collaborative, open, and human-centered. We are driven by a sense of urgency to address climate change through the near-term decarbonization of commercial aviation. We recognize that people have a diverse set of preferences for work conditions and hours that optimize for their overall productivity and wellness, and both our cloud-based IT setup and remote work policy reflects this. However, because we are building physical products, most roles will require working at our facility at Hawthorne Airport in Los Angeles most of the time.
Our compensation and benefits package promotes transparency, equitability, and long-term employee well-being, while rewarding individual and team performance. This includes cash bonuses and significant equity participation for all salaried employees, employer-paid health insurance coverage, generous parental leave, a pet-friendly headquarters located at Hawthorne Airport in Los Angeles, and generous paid time off. As a young company, we are actively working to expand the benefits we provide—including childcare, retirement, parental, and mental health benefits—and we’re always open to feedback on what’s most important to you.
We know that no two candidates are the same, and we want to give you the opportunity to present yourself in the best way possible. Don’t hesitate to let us know how we can support a great recruitment process for you—whether that includes off-hours interview scheduling, captioning/transcription services, or other accommodations. Needless to say, we value diversity in all its forms, and encourage people from all backgrounds to apply, especially if you share in our mission to decarbonize air travel.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Fueling Carbon-Free Flight