Robotics Engineer, Mechanical Integration
Teleo is a robotics startup disrupting a trillion-dollar industry. Teleo converts construction heavy equipment, like loaders, dozers, excavators, trucks, etc. into autonomous robots. This lets one operator control multiple machines in parallel unlocking significant returns for the customer while materially enhancing the safety and comfort of the operator.
Teleo is founded by Vinay Shet and Rom Clement, experienced technology executives who led the development of Lyft’s Self Driving Car and Google Street View. Teleo is backed by YCombinator, Up Partners, F-Prime Capital, and a host of industry luminaries. Teleo’s product is already deployed on customer sites and generating revenue.
Teleo has recently raised $XX Million and is looking to grow rapidly. This is an opportunity to build a real customer-impact driven product, work on cool 100,000 Lbs autonomous robots, engineer complex systems at the intersection of hardware, software, AI, and get in on the ground floor of a hot startup.
About the Role
As a Mechanical Integration Engineer, you will be responsible for integrating sensors and computer hardware systems into large mining and construction vehicles. You will also be in charge of testing and deploying these systems to ensure reliability in the field.
You will be regularly interfacing with the software engineering as well as the autonomy team. The ideal candidate will have experience with mechatronics, CAD, BOM management, and ruggedizing computer hardware systems for harsh outdoor environments.
Periodically you will have to travel to customers' sites and test facilities to perform end-to-end validation tests.
- Bachelor degree in mechanical engineering, mechatronics or similar engineering degree with a specialization in mechanical design and integration of robotics and computer hardware systems. Preferably with 2 years of experience or more
- Proven experience with CAD (solid works, Creo, Onshape or similar)
- Experience with PLM, BOM management
- Strong experience with mechatronics including network hardware, power distribution systems, harness design, and troubleshooting electronics
- Experience with modeling and simulation of mechanical systems including structural, vibration, and thermal
- Proven experience in system qualification (performing tests and data analytics): vibration, thermal, humidity, EMI/EMC ingress protection
Preferred Qualifications/Bonus Points
- Master’s degree in Mechanical Engineering, Robotics, Aerospace, or Computer Science Engineering
- 2+ years of experience developing and integrating sensor and computer hardware systems on autonomous vehicles or harsh environments
- Experience developing robotics platforms using middleware (such as ROS)
- Well versed in Python or C++, familiar with software version control development tools
- Experience with Finite Element Analysis (FEA) tools such as Abaqus, Ansys, Nastran performing structural analysis and thermal analysis
- Proven experience in Controls developing advanced vehicle dynamics models, systems stability analysis, and controller design
- Familiarity with micro controller programming/debugging
- Startup experience (hands-on + creative thinker with a Get It Done attitude)
Teleo is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. All qualified people are encouraged to apply.
We also consider for employment qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with applicable laws. And, if you believe that you will need any type of accommodation, please let us know.
You must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by your hire date to be eligible to start the role. Proof of vaccination will be required by your start date.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Autonomous Heavy Construction Equipment