Robotics Engineer, Electronics Hardware
Teleo is a robotics startup disrupting a trillion-dollar industry. Teleo converts construction heavy equipment, like loaders, dozers, excavators, trucks, etc. into autonomous robots. This lets one operator control multiple machines in parallel unlocking significant returns for the customer while materially enhancing the safety and comfort of the operator.
Teleo is founded by Vinay Shet and Rom Clement, experienced technology executives who led the development of Lyft’s Self Driving Car and Google Street View. Teleo is backed by YCombinator, Up Partners, F-Prime Capital, and a host of industry luminaries. Teleo’s product is already deployed on customer sites and generating revenue.
Teleo has recently raised $XX Million and is looking to grow rapidly. This is an opportunity to build a real customer-impact driven product, work on cool 100,000 Lbs autonomous robots, engineer complex systems at the intersection of hardware, software, AI, and get in on the ground floor of a hot startup.
About the Role
As an Electrical Engineer, you will be responsible for the specification, design, manufacturing and bring up of low power electronics that comprise the Teleo hardware kit. In this role, you will be iterating rapidly on your designs alongside Mechanical Engineers as well as Embedded Firmware Engineers during the entire development phase.
The ideal candidate will have extensive experience in the design of electronics for harsh environments and a demonstrated ownership to launch products.
Periodically you will have to travel to customer sites and test facilities to perform end-to-end validation tests.
- BA in Electrical Engineering or related degree with 2+ years of experience designing PCBAs
- Well-versed in CAD tools for schematic captures and board layout (Altium, KiCAD, OrCAD)
- Well-versed in the design and integration of power supplies and mixed-signal interfaces: UART, CAN, I2C, SPI, Ethernet, JTAG
- Proven experience launching electronics products targeted for harsh environments (in fields such as medical devices, aerospace, automotive…)
Preferred Qualifications/Bonus Points
- MS in Electrical Engineering or a related field with 5+ years of hands-on experience developing, qualifying, and deploying safety-critical electronics solutions (including mechanical integration)
- Experience designing SIL-rated devices and associated certification (FCC, UL, CE, OSHA, RIA, TUV, etc.)
- Well versed in C/C++/Rust for embedded safety-critical applications
- Experience integrating high-speed interfaces (MIPI, GMSL/FPD-III, I2S, QSPI)
- Experience designing high power electronics and electronics protection solutions
- Experience designing HIL (Hardware In the Loop) test benches and production line procedures
- Familiarity with RTOS
- Familiarity with FPGA SystemVerilog
- Passionate about Robotics
- Startup experience (hands-on + creative thinker with a Get It Done attitude)
Teleo is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. All qualified people are encouraged to apply.
We also consider for employment qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with applicable laws. And, if you believe that you will need any type of accommodation, please let us know.
You must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by your hire date to be eligible to start the role. Proof of vaccination will be required by your start date.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Autonomous Heavy Construction Equipment