Senior Web Architect
Tangram Vision is a mission-driven company devoted to empowering all developers to be perception creators. It’s a tall order, but our whole team is experienced in computer vision and has learned what works (and what doesn’t) in the real world. We’re honing that experience into a one-of-a-kind premium perception offering.
The Senior Web Architect role is a generalist position that will have significant responsibility for designing, building, and maintaining the architecture, services, integrations, and algorithms that make the lives of our customers and colleagues easier. You will collaborate with everyone in the company and learn or own all levels of the web stack.
Our tech is based on what’s best for the platform, so you will get to learn about the latest web tools, evaluate their utility in the platform, and implement old and new tools alike across the entirety of our infrastructure. This is a multi-disciplinary role that will influence Tangram’s tech landscape in ways large and small.
Starting Salary Range: $120,000 - $160,000 USD
You’ll be a successful candidate if...
- You enjoy cross-discipline collaboration
- You take the time to evaluate technology options and tradeoffs, and feel confident in your decisions after evaluation
- You care about contributing to product direction, planning, roadmaps, and postmortems
- You establish and uphold best practices (for development, testing, security, continuous integration, etc.)
- You love to explain big ideas without technical jargon (We are a remote and async-oriented company, so coherent writing is critical.)
- You believe in inclusivity when working with colleagues with different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives.
- You have exceptional time management, including the ability to manage multiple tasks and projects at once.
- You love to learn and can implement what you’ve absorbed.
Examples of Things You’ll Work On
- Ingest, transform, manage, and secure large datasets
- Queue, load-balance, run, and monitor computer vision algorithms in the cloud
- Create and update web UI, visualizations, charts, and data presentation
- Display algorithm results on webpages and serve them via API/webhook
- Setup, debug, and optimize CI/CD processes and developer tools used across the company
- Integrate with third-party APIs and SaaSes (e.g. for identity, email, monitoring, payment processing, cloud infrastructure, and more)
- Contribute to the Tangram Visions blog with relevant, technical content for a robotics and perception-savvy audience
Must-Have Technical Qualifications
In our experience, people with the below experiences would thrive in this role. Our tech stack is shown in parentheses, where applicable; experience with a specific tool is not required for this role.
- 2 years of professional experience or the equivalent with
- relational databases (PostgreSQL)
- DevOps tools and techniques such as CI/CD, containerization, infrastructure-as-code, and Jamstack (AWS, DigitalOcean, GitLab, docker, kubernetes, terraform)
- backend web programming (Supabase and Python)
- Familiarity with HTML/CSS/JS (Svelte) and building websites for modern browsers
- Comfortable working on Linux and using the command-line
- Proficiency with git. We routinely juggle many branches, resolve conflicts, rebase, squash, and revise. We love informative commit messages and a clean git history.
Benefits and other Perks...
We’re a startup, aren't there supposed to be pool tables and stuff? We have an ever-growing list of items that we’re looking to provide, and here’s what we currently offer.
- We value your health and well-being: Tangram Vision covers up to $400 a month of medical plan costs (chances are we have a plan that will be 100% covered for you), and 100% of dental, vision, and ancillary plans (i.e. life insurance, short-term and long-term disability).
- Employees who choose a medical plan with a health savings account (HSA) also receive a $2,000/year HSA contribution
- Staff have an unlimited PTO balance, with a recommended 4 weeks off per year (1 week per quarter).
- Remote First, Fully Connected: Tangram Vision is a fully remote company. We have no corporate office, and our first five employees span four timezones!
- Company retreats every three to four months in fun, unique locations.
- Weekly team-wide calls keep us connected and grounded.
- Open virtual co-working comms every afternoon.
- We understand the importance of financial planning: We offer competitive salaries and equity grants. Employees can choose to adjust their compensation for more/less salary vs. more/less equity.
How to Apply:
- Submit your resume and cover letter
- In your cover letter please include how you heard about this role and why you’re interested in this position, as well as any GitHub projects, portfolios, or deployed projects that support your experience
No phone calls please. Tangram Vision will contact qualified candidates directly.
Tangram Vision provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetics, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression or veteran status. We are committed to establishing a diverse and inclusive workforce and encourage people from all backgrounds, experiences, perspectives, and abilities to apply. We do not discriminate in our hiring practices and in order to build the strongest possible workforce, actively seek a diverse applicant pool.
About Tangram Vision
At Tangram Vision, we’re building a platform of products that help robotics leaders, engineers, and fleet managers understand their perception systems inside and out at scale. By taking the pain out of working with sensors, we enable customers to focus on building solutions in their problem domains, which range from farming and warehouse logistics to autonomous vehicles and construction.
We’re Decision Oriented
Trust is the backbone of our team. To build trust, we seek to better understand one another through our conversations, our retreats, our User Manuals, and our written viewpoints.
Trust in your choices, and the choices of others, allows Tangram to be a place of context, not control. Information is created deliberately and shared broadly by default (which means we write a lot of documentation). This has helped keep velocity up at a breakneck speed from day 1.
Dissent and Diversity
Though everyone is decision-oriented, we do so through seeking dissent. The more concerns we hear, and the more varied those concerns are, the better our outcomes become. In this way, diversity and inclusion are more than just good civic practices; they’re vital to Tangram’s success. As a startup, we are committed to keeping diversity and inclusion as a principal pillar behind all we do and how we grow.
Your application has been successfully submitted.