Director of Strategy
Swyft is a software-enabled B2B marketplace that enables any sized merchant, brand or retailer with same and next-day delivery at rates comparable to 2+ day delivery. Our mission is to create world-class delivery experiences for shoppers & help merchants grow sales with the most scalable and flexible same/next-day delivery service.
We aren’t just a shipping and logistics company, we are building the data and framework layer for how a trillion parcels will move within hundreds of cities. Swyft is air traffic control for parcels routed from your favourite store to your door, and you can help us realize this vision. Founded in April 2020, we are fueled by creating delightful customer and employee experience through an experimental and data driven approach. We’ve recently raised over $20M and are backed by the world’s best investors including Inovia Capital, Forerunner Ventures, Golden Ventures, Trucks VC, and Shopify.
An expert in navigating people, process, and complexity, the Director of Strategy will engage with our business leaders and users to identify and implement strategic initiatives for improving efficiencies that are data-driven and in alignment with our business focus. You will form actionable insights and perform business analysis activities that will guide operational excellence and help our teams meet and exceed customer expectations. Working closely with the Head of Strategy, you will support ongoing reporting processes, handle ad-hoc reporting requests, as well as in-depth analyses.
Here’s how you’ll make an impact:
- Aid in the creation, implementation, and measurement of KPIs across the organization
- Drive discussions with business stakeholders to understand their problems and requirements
- Foster a culture of transparency and continuous improvement among the leadership team through feedback loops
- Conduct business analysis and research to identify key metrics and opportunities for improvement
- Serve as a thought leader for technical business processes, developing forward-thinking systems that promote increased efficiency and productivity on multiple levels
- Create and implement precise management plans for assigned projects, with attention to transparent communication at all levels and manage stakeholder expectations by communicating progress and timelines on projects
- Aid in the process of designing, developing, and maintaining ongoing & ad-hoc metrics, reports, dashboards, and analyses
- Collaborate with Data Analysts to analyze brand performance and recommend optimizations
- Recognize and adopt best practices in reporting, analysis, and data visualization (data integrity, experiment design, analysis, validation, and documentation)
- Craft presentations, documentation, and other collateral required for leadership meetings
What you bring to the team:
- A degree in business, finance, economics, engineering, mathematics, computer science, statistics, or a related field
- At least 4 years of relevant experience as a business analyst, growth analyst, or data analyst
- Previous experience in business consulting is a strong asset
- You approach problems using the first principles and are skilled at working collaboratively to develop win-win solutions
- The ability to operate at both the 10,000 foot level and the 1 foot level
- Experience in building relationships, influencing and working closely with stakeholders to bring actionable recommendations and working solutions
- Strength in understanding and documenting how business processes and technical functionality tie together
- Detailed-oriented with advanced Microsoft Excel skills as well as experience reporting with SQL
- Experience with data visualization and business intelligence tools such as Tableau and Looker is an asset
- Experience in agile methodologies, familiarity with Jira, Confluence, Aha
What’s in it for you:
- Competitive salary and equity
- Centrally located office in downtown Toronto
- Emphasis on a remote-first culture, including an allowance to maximize your remote setup
- Focus on health and wellness with an unlimited vacation policy
- Comprehensive benefits package including health, dental, and vision
- A team invested in your professional development (monthly trainings, education allowance, and more)
- Annual company off-site (pending COVID restrictions)
At Swyft, we are committed to building and fostering an environment where our employees feel included, valued, and heard. We provide equal employment opportunities for all applicants and employees. We do not discriminate based on any legally-protected class or characteristic. Employment decisions are made based on qualifications, merit, and business needs. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability, please let the recruiting team know.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Delight your customers with affordable same-day delivery