Senior Frontend Engineer (Remote)
Swyft is a software-enabled B2B marketplace that enables any sized merchant, brand or retailer with same and next-day delivery at rates comparable to 2+ day delivery. Our mission is to create magical delivery experiences for shoppers & help merchants grow sales with the most scalable and flexible same/next-day delivery service.
We aren’t just a shipping and logistics company, we are building the data and framework layer for how a trillion parcels will move within hundreds of cities. Swyft is air traffic control for parcels routed from your favorite store to your door, and you can help us realize this vision. Founded in April 2020, we are fueled by creating delightful customer and employee experiences through an experimental and data-driven approach. We’ve recently raised over $20M and are backed by the world’s best investors including Inovia Capital, Forerunner Ventures, Golden Ventures, Trucks VC, and Shopify.
What you'll be doing
As a Frontend Engineer, you will be a senior member of the Engineering team responsible for the overall direction and execution of Swyft's front-end product strategy, including:
- The future of our front-end architecture
- Collaborating closely with Mobile Engineers, Product, Sales, and Operations teams to define solutions, build, test, deploy, and monitor new features
- Working with other senior engineers to set our apps' performance benchmarks, ensuring they are maintained and improved upon over time
- Adopt common patterns for data access, state management, and code organization across all of Swyft's product areas
- Continuous integration and deployment of all frontend code across various environments
- Reviewing and supporting frontend technical designs across feature teams
- Participating in design discussions and roadmap planning to ensure frontend concerns are well represented
- Maintaining and upgrading frameworks and tools for a great developer experience
- Bachelor's or higher degree in Computer Science or a related engineering field
- Experience with Jest, Cypress/Playwright
- Experience with Yarn
- Experience building highly scalable and distributed systems
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- 4+ years professional experience in software development, with focus on scaling.
Nice to haves
- Experience leading cross-functional product team of engineers, product managers, designers, etc
- Experience with React Native or other native mobile app development platforms
- Working with distributed systems, event-based architectures at scale
Benefits and perks
- A competitive compensation package that includes company equity options
- An engaging remote-first culture that focuses on output, flexibility and work-life balance
- A flexible Paid Time Off (PTO) policy to allow you to take the time off you need
- $1,500 Work from home allowance to improve your home office workspace
- $500 Training and Development allowance to put towards your professional development
- Health, Dental, and Vision benefits for you and your dependents
At Swyft, we are committed to building and fostering an environment where our employees feel included, valued, and heard. We provide equal employment opportunities for all applicants and employees. We do not discriminate based on any legally-protected class or characteristic. Employment decisions are made based on qualifications, merit, and business needs. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability, please let the recruiting team know.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Delight your customers with affordable same-day delivery