Skyryse wants to allow anyone, to fly anywhere, in any aircraft, safely and as a highly experienced pilot would. Powered by the Skyryse operating system, we automate flight controls and management to achieve unmatched safety and eliminate opportunities for human error in all flight stages, and in emergency situations. We want to make flying as ubiquitous as the road and as safe as the elevator.
Why this role is mission critical:
As an Electrical Engineer, you will provide critical design requirements, drawings and analysis for one of the most advanced flight control systems in the world. Working alongside some of the industries most talented professionals you will contribute to changing the way the world moves.
- Bachelor's Degree in Aerospace, Aeronautical, Civil, Mechanical, Electrical or Manufacturing Engineering or equivalent training and experience.
- Minimum 5 years aerospace-related engineering experience.
- Experience with electronic product design: from concept to manufacturing
- Experience with Digital, Analog and power electronics product design with focus on Digital electronics.
- Ability to create schematics and prepare packages for PCB layout and fabrication.
- Experience with documentation control systems, either manual (excel) or PLM, ERP, etc.
- Knowledge of product design lifecycle, including dealing with component obsolescence.
- Experience with multi-bus connectivity and interfacing including backplanes, RS422, CAN, I2C, etc.
- Experience designing Avionics type hardware following Mil standards, DO-160, DO-254, etc.
- Experience with rugged designs from a mechanical, electrical, and manufacturability perspective
- Experience with Displays, especially in avionics
- Experience with LED lighting and control at the board level
- Ability to take jobs outside of comfort zone
- Ability to multitask and prioritize in a fast paced environment
- Ability to think outside the box
- Ability to design new electronics hardware where no reference design exists - be creative
- Great communication skills
Nice to haves:
- Ability to create microcontroller design products and write firmware
- Ability to layout printed circuit boards
- Ability to design with FPGAs (selection, designing and programming experience)
- Ethernet networking experience (on-board switches, interfaces, etc)
- Knowledge of optical sensors, and their use
We also have great benefits:
- The opportunity to change the world
- Competitive salary
- Valuable stock option plan
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Flexible vacation
- A company with a huge vision, a dynamic work environment, and a team of smart, ambitious and fun to work-with colleagues!
Skyryse is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Principals only, please. NO AGENCY CANDIDATES WILL BE CONSIDERED. Please apply directly to Skyryse.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Safety Through Simplicity