Skyryse wants to allow anyone, to fly anywhere, in any aircraft, safely and as a highly experienced pilot would. Powered by the Skyryse operating system, we automate flight controls and management to achieve unmatched safety and eliminate opportunities for human error in all flight stages, and in emergency situations. We want to make flying as ubiquitous as the road and as safe as the elevator.
Why this role is mission critical:
As Senior Counsel, you will work across a broad level of engagement with the General Counsel, internal team members, outside counsel, customers and suppliers. Your efforts will make a significant impact at Skyryse as we take on legal and business development requirements to help the company scale and succeed.
- Assist company with reaching milestone of FAA Certification for Flight OS
- Work with General Counsel on managing the organization's legal matters.
- Advise leadership on company matters such as corporate governance, export control, and intellectual property
- Support business negotiations, review, and draft agreements and contracts
- Ensure legal compliance for safety matters, consumer protection, real estate, employee relations, etc.
- 8+ years of legal experience.
- Commercial contract experience: customers, vendors, etc.
- Corporate Governance experience (equity options, board, financing round, IPOs, SEC)–with prior start-up experience
- FAA/FCC regulatory experience
- Export control/compliance experience
- Strong written and verbal communication skills–able to communicate “bottom line” as well as nuance; ability to build consensus across varying people and groups
- Ability to multi-task across widely varying subjects and shifting time demands
- Willingness to roll up sleeves and do whatever needs to be done
- A team player offering wise counsel who understands that just because we can, doesn’t mean we should
- Ability to work with team to find solutions, not just “no”
- Willingness to take on and learn new subject matter as the business needs change and grow
- Great attitude to improve processes to serve people
- Self starter with ability to work independently with minimal supervision to influence organization
- IP experience–patents, trademarks, trade secrets–experience with NDAs
- Employment law experience–drafting policies, investigations
- Commercial leasing–particularly in aviation space
We have great benefits:
- The opportunity to change the world
- Competitive salary
- Valuable stock option plan
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Flexible vacation
- A company with a huge vision, a dynamic work environment, and a team of smart, ambitious and fun to work-with colleagues!
Skyryse is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Principals only, please. NO AGENCY CANDIDATES WILL BE CONSIDERED. Please apply directly to Skyryse.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Safety Through Simplicity