Skyryse wants to allow anyone, to fly anywhere, in any aircraft, safely and as a highly experienced pilot would. Powered by the Skyryse operating system, we automate flight controls and management to achieve unmatched safety and eliminate opportunities for human error in all flight stages, and in emergency situations. We want to make flying as ubiquitous as the road and as safe as the elevator.
Why this role is mission critical:
As Electrical Engineer, you will provide critical design requirements, drawings and analysis for one of the most advanced flight control systems in the world. Working alongside some of the industries most talented professionals you will contribute in changing the way the world moves.
- Bachelor's Degree in Aerospace, Aeronautical, Civil, Mechanical or Manufacturing Engineering or equivalent training and experience.
- Minimum 5 years aerospace-related engineering experience.
Required Areas of Practical Experience:
- CAD experience including electrical design and manufacturing
- Experience with board layout and design of PCB assemblies including mounted devices component placement and filter design
- Experience with SPICE or equivalent tools
- Board level DO-160 knowledge of considerations for EMI, power quality, environment, thermal and other requirements
- Knowledge of busses and protocols (CAN, Ethernet, SPI, TTP or related)
- Develop clear company standards for readable schematics
- Design electrical systems and familiarity with EWIS & SAE aerospace standards
- Knowledge of electrical design and power quality requirements
- Design wiring harnesses, protection means, material selection
- Draft wiring and electrical schematics on CAD
- Write requirements and specifications using Product Lifecycle Management Solutions (PLM)
- Ability to develop and support testing and qualification means
- Support integration and validation with vendors and suppliers including system level validation
- Great communication skills
A plus, but not required or limited to:
- Pilots license and/or A&P License
- Previous experience supporting certification program desired
- Hands-on experience desired
- Understanding of composite manufacturing and assembly
We also have great benefits:
- The opportunity to change the world
- Competitive salary
- Valuable stock option plan
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Flexible vacation
- A company with a huge vision, a dynamic work environment, and a team of smart, ambitious and fun to work-with colleagues!
Skyryse is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Principals only, please. NO AGENCY CANDIDATES WILL BE CONSIDERED. Please apply directly to Skyryse.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Safety Through Simplicity