Certification Test Engineer
Skyryse wants to allow anyone, to fly anywhere, in any aircraft, safely and as a highly experienced pilot would. Powered by the Skyryse operating system, we automate flight controls and management to achieve unmatched safety and eliminate opportunities for human error in all flight stages, and in emergency situations. We want to make flying as ubiquitous as the road and as safe as the elevator.
Why this role is mission critical:
As a Certification Test Engineer, you will be part of the team who will design and execute tests leading to certification of the Flight OS system.
- Develop, set up and perform flight control system test set ups on Integration Test Rigs. Support test result review and analysis. Support issue investigations and corrective actions.
- Set up and perform certification tests in-house and at local qualification test labs. Support test result review and analysis. Support test results investigations and corrective actions. Support test report generation and approval.
- Develop test scenarios through automated scripts and hardware test set-ups. Execute tests and review results with the broader engineering team
- Generate and release documentation in support of test configurations.
- Bachelors or Masters Mechanical, Aerospace, Controls, Mechatronics, Electrical Engineering or a related field.
- Experience with engineering lab test setups and testing. Experience with qualification test labs preferred.
- Preference toward hands-on engineering in a laboratory environment as opposed to office desk type work.
- 3+ years of experience in related areas
- Demonstrated experience working in an engineering and/or qualification test lab.
- Experience with DO-160 testing (plans, procedures, testing and report generation / approval).
- Proficiency with hands-on testing and troubleshooting.
- Knowledge in programming with Python and LabVIEW
- Familiarity with JIRA
We also have great benefits:
- The opportunity to change the world
- Competitive salary
- Valuable stock option plan
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Flexible vacation
- A company with a huge vision, a dynamic work environment, and a team of smart, ambitious and fun to work-with colleagues!
Skyryse is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Principals only, please. NO AGENCY CANDIDATES WILL BE CONSIDERED. Please apply directly to Skyryse.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Safety Through Simplicity